• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reviving the 83 ford with LDS 5 ton drive line

Kayne

I am a grey shirt lol. I'll check around. I know we don't have any.we are a very high volume store. Ill put word out to other stores. That's awesome advice by the way.

On a different note just got the call for better job. Looks like I'll have a interview in the next 2 weeks

Kayne

Not sure what blem batteries are. I know the battery tray had 24 series batteries in it which are only rated at 550 cca. I have to inlarge the battery tray to fit a normal size truck battery in there.

Kayne

Gotcha. Sounds good. I'll have to wait still. Got to get money together. Hate having a nice toy and no money to play with it .

Danger Ranger

I'm in. I would like to see it running, driving, and operating safely with it cleaned up. Are you going to go so far as to fix the body? I really think you may want to take off the body and remount it, and maybe get a new bed...
It would be sweet if you could get a different radiator to fit it all under the hood.

Good luck

Kayne

Danger you hit it on the head. I want to get it running and in good operating condition with very little leaks or none. I'm going to see what I can do with the radiator. Might have to mount it in bed. I know theirs bolt on fenders to make the bed a true dually bed. Going to paint it after I get the body work done. Going to turn the breast as it's known in my family into a daily driver.

Danger Ranger

Good.
Now will someone save the other beast thats on C-list in NE OH? Supposedly on a mil. frame...look 'er up.

Dang, now I can't find the link. Its not an auction, but I am still not sure if I could post it or not. I need to reread the rules...and find them first.

Last edited:

Kayne

Anyone know how much cooling is required for the multi fuels. Wondering if I could use a aluminum radiator shaped like the grill and electric fans. I don't have much room to work with. If I want to put the front end back to normal I got maybe 6 inches which don't leave me squat really.

Kayne

Just a update. Between working on other peoples vehicles and work ive either had no time or no money to try to do anything too the beast. But on Monday I start the new job. Which means more money and free time. Ive found filters for everything but the transmission. Also found tail lights, bigger battery tray and batteries along with tires. So for around 1200 ill have her running and all but safe to drive again. Not sure the shape of the brakes.

Atwater

im guessing the garden hose coming from under the dash is a rigged up ether injection port? I've seen the time something like that could be handy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks