• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ricks Deuce build

bigginstactical

The reason the door metal is short there is because your truck must have had or has a mount for the gun ring.

Denny
So they must have some hardware the door had to clear I assume? I don't think this door was actually off this truck. The markings inside where different and the colors where off compared to the rest of the truck. That's a cool bit of information though thanks for clearing that up! I figured it had to be a variant or something.

bigginstactical

Last night I sprayed the whole inside of the left rocker with rusty metal primer to hopefully help stave off future rust. I also had a few minutes so I started the grease zerk fitting project for the hinges. Knowing how fast pins and bushings wear on on normal cars I want to do what I can to make these last so I wanted to install zerks in the main section of the hinges to get more grease onto the pin. Came out good for about five minutes of work haha.

Attachments

SteelWarrior

Great build!!! Thanks for documenting it all for our amusement and education. Always fun to watch these builds go and learn from them. Cant wait to be at a point where I can build one up.

bigginstactical

It's been awhile since I have posted on here. I have still been busy working on Deuce just nothing has been very spectacular. The things I have been doing lately are a bunch of small tedious projects. I have finally finished both rocker repairs as they where completely rusted out. I cut all the rot out and built replacement pieces then welded them on. I also coated all the inside faces with rustoleum rusty metal primer to help protect them and will also spray some inner panel protectant once painting is complete. The top seams where also compromised on both sides and it was actually faster and easier to cut strips out of the top side in order to attach the inside (backside) of the rockers to the top. The metal was so bad on the floor there really was no other option but to replace the strips to attach the pieces to. I have not decided if I am going to leave the very back end portions of the rocker open yet, since they where sealed, it caused the rust by holding water and debris in the rockers themselves. Figuring that out is all I have left on the rockers at this point.

Attachments

bigginstactical

Today I drilled out the rear door handle holes and test fitted them. I also decided that I wanted handles to aid in getting in both doors so I made a few out of square tubing. The first one was slow to build as I kept adjusting everything but once I finished the first on the second one was really quick. I plan to install two chunks of flat bar for reinforcements where it bolts through the body. I forgot to take a picture of the bases but I did cut them down and 45d the corners to clean them up. I also cleaned up the whole inside of the cab and patched the last remaining holes in the floor. The arm rests came out of a mid 90s mazda pick up and I think will work great when I make the inner door panels. The pic is of a test fit for height. Just a few more things and I'll be taking it back apart for body work.

Attachments

bigginstactical

Its been awhile since I have been able to work on the ol beast. New job and new location so haven't had a bunch of time sadly. I did manage to get one of the rear doors ready and primed. Also picked up a few round LEDs for the roof I'm going test.

bigginstactical

Cab and Parts are painted

A few months ago I was finally able to paint the majority of the cab and parts. It looks better then I hoped and its awesome to finally see it in one color. Been slowly assembling when I have time. Here a few cell phone pics as I didn't have a good camera with me on the last few trips home.

Attachments

bigginstactical

I have been working many hours on the Deuce lately. The list of small things needing to be done seems endless but I have managed to knock some off of it. I installed the remote brake reservoir kit but still need to flush all the lines ect. I pulled the tunnel covers, cleaned and painted them. The PO ran many different bolts through so I ended up having to tap almost all the holes in order to remount them properly. I also installed some weather seal for the heck of it. The rear door latches are now fabricated so the handles are functioning. I have not figured out what I want to do for inside handles but I do have OEM deuce ones if I decide to match it all up. I did install seals but I really didn't like how stiff they where. Ordered some D style gasket material and will give that a go next week. Plan is to have the rear glass installed next week as well. Put some fuel in the tank and bled the lines as well, fired right up after a few seconds of cranking. Man I missed that C turbo sound haha. I painted the dash and cleaned all the plates up best as i could. I was going to wait awhile to do it but it was looking terrible compared to the rest of the truck so I gave in to my urges and tackled that after lunch. With a few buddies we managed to lift the roof up and I was able to get that fitted and bolted down as well. Starting to look like a truck again. Anyways that's just a quick update and I'm sure there will be more soon.

Attachments

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been working many hours on the Deuce lately. The list of small things needing to be done seems endless but I have managed to knock some off of it. I installed the remote brake reservoir kit but still need to flush all the lines ect. I pulled the tunnel covers, cleaned and painted them. The PO ran many different bolts through so I ended up having to tap almost all the holes in order to remount them properly. I also installed some weather seal for the heck of it. The rear door latches are now fabricated so the handles are functioning. I have not figured out what I want to do for inside handles but I do have OEM deuce ones if I decide to match it all up. I did install seals but I really didn't like how stiff they where. Ordered some D style gasket material and will give that a go next week. Plan is to have the rear glass installed next week as well. Put some fuel in the tank and bled the lines as well, fired right up after a few seconds of cranking. Man I missed that C turbo sound haha. I painted the dash and cleaned all the plates up best as i could. I was going to wait awhile to do it but it was looking terrible compared to the rest of the truck so I gave in to my urges and tackled that after lunch. With a few buddies we managed to lift the roof up and I was able to get that fitted and bolted down as well. Starting to look like a truck again. Anyways that's just a quick update and I'm sure there will be more soon.
I'd love that extra space to throw a mattress down to catch a few winks when out on the road..........it's a good idea.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks