• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rod Ventilated Block in Deuce -NOT- Crank Broke

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Brother has the trolley, he just didn't drop it off with that other hoist (that I would not trust to hold the powerpack).

I like the one on the link you sent me.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I get home from work tonight and the barn is open and Gimpy is in there pulling bolts and hoses off so I guess we are starting to pull the engine out tonight..........

;-)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Please REMIND the GIMP about my 915 key, that he seems he no longer can find.

jw4x4

I guess the 932 needs to deliver the canned engine. Tomorrow (Sat) is not good, working @ Goodrich Aero and b-day party for neice & nephew. Sunday should be good.

phil2968

Man, I wish I had a friend without a job! He could have my front axle out by now!
Gimp, do you want to come down here pull a front end? I have room in the shop! DirecTv, sink, stove, air conditioning and running water. I'll feed you too!:beer:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Add beer and a blow-up doll, and I bet he's there!:gimp2:

TexMc

I gotta keep up with this. It is a sad tale, that is cracking me up. Sorry fer your loss but it will benefit a lot of guys to see and read the process.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The motor is ready to come out. It could have been out last night, but SWB got his 30 day tags for the 813 and wanted to get it ready to drive to breakfast. Looks like we are waiting on the replacement motor to show up(no not really), so we can install the flux capacitor kit and maybe photon torpedoes too.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's finally out. gimp and I got it out last night. I must say that gantry and hoist worked flawlessly. Getting the engine bolts out were a little problematic. We had to use a hydraulic jack to push up on the bolt. It picked the truck about an inch until THUNK, the bolt let go and the truck dropped. Guess who was under the transmission? This guy. What's it feel like watching a truck fall towards you? Not good. :)

I suggest if you are going to do this spray some PB or Liquid Wrench on all four bolts the day before. Once they break free they pop right out.

The coolant out of the radiator looked good enough to re-use, the rear petcock was dark it looked about 50/50 oil and coolant. :-(

Now prep work and get ready to put the "new" engine in it.

Attachments

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ya got all day today, get'er done! I sure hope this is one project I don't have to do again.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Is that why you sold all your Deuce stuff? :razz:
No, derrrr! He got tired of the reliability of deuces.

*kenny, sitting quietly in the melting Florida sun, in January*

"Man, these deuces just aren't a challenge anymore. They start every time I hit the button........... what I need is something that always challenges me.... like you never know if it will start.............................................. hmmmm....................."

*kenny, sitting quietly in front of his laptop*

"Hey everybody, I am selling my deuces and moving into the CUCV forum!"

rofl