• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rod Ventilated Block in Deuce -NOT- Crank Broke

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve, While you have that engine out...take the time to either put new seals in the steering box, or drain it out and fill it up with corn head grease. Remember the time Stretch had at Haspin working on his with the engine in place aua

I like the corn head grease path, it won't leak out of any seals that are going bad and it's an easy solution.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm lucky I had time to take pics. Gimpy does not like to take his time working on things.

Like I'll have enough time to do anything of the "nice to do things".

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bottom line is I wanted to clean up the yard. Well, that and once you drive a CUCV long distance, it spoils you. I borrowed a deuce for a local parade last Saturday. While it was fun to get behind the wheel again, I still rather not own one. I'm perfectly happy with the little girly trucks. I've had a good 20 year run of deuce ownership, I'll pass the torch.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
NO need to tell SWB what he "should"do while the motor is out. SWB plans on selling this one as soon as the motor is back in. Pretty sure he's going to sell it to Crusher's neighbor Dmaxcc6spd! We'll let him worry about it!

BWAAAAAAAAHahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

lawdog1623

sorry to hear bro. I hope all goes well and you get her back on the road quickly. im interested to hear what happened with the old motor. You came up with a replacement awfully fast. Did i miss that part in the thread?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I fell into a motor that was brought to the Georgia rally and JW4x4 carried it up here in the short bed of his new 932.

It's supposed to warm up so I'll be pulling stuff off both engines this weekend.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey if you need a piston/rod and sleeve, I have everything you need to fix your original motor.

Ed
That's a great offer, but I think the title of the thread precludes any notions of repair..."Rod Ventilated Block in Deuce"

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
That's a great offer, but I think the title of the thread precludes any notions of repair..."Rod Ventilated Block in Deuce"
I read through the entire thread, I didn't see anywhere that he had a hole in the block, I might be wrong, if so, I guess I scanned through too quickly.

Perhaps you saw something in the thread that I did not?

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's another one for ya Gimp.

Everytime I post something, it ends up being in Gimpyrobb's sig line.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To me, anytime I see chunks of metal in an oil pan it usually means bad. But I've never pulled one of these apart. It might mean "remove chunks and drive away".

:)