• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Scott's LMTV build thread.

aleigh

Nice. My vent controls are screwed up (stuck on full heat, but fan control works). I could go in there and fix them but then I could buy one of those NOS HVAC setups like you did and gain the A/C side... but I am not interested in dealing with A/C right now. From the looks of yours, do you think I could install it but keep the A/C lines plugged and just use it for heat? Then deal with A/C maybe some other time?

Sgthoffer

Nice. My vent controls are screwed up (stuck on full heat, but fan control works). I could go in there and fix them but then I could buy one of those NOS HVAC setups like you did and gain the A/C side... but I am not interested in dealing with A/C right now. From the looks of yours, do you think I could install it but keep the A/C lines plugged and just use it for heat? Then deal with A/C maybe some other time?
I am sure you could just leave the AC plugged, which is what I plan to do.

Givinup

Depending on when you need your heat, I'll be removing mine and I don't think I'll be replacing it with a military system. Mine just has heat. Works great though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sgthoffer

20171207_193325.jpg

I appear to be one cover short to the party. Multiple problems with this panel though.

One, it was in a sealed container and is missing a cover.
two, regular switches with the cool logos etc, are all two small to fit the openings.
three, winch harness did not come with switches.. just covers for the cables which do not have switches.. what do the switches look like that are supposed to go in these holes?

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you switch to the LED taillights, or did you just use off the shelf LED bulbs in the incandescent taillight housings?

Sgthoffer

Video above and pictures of the package. I like how the color is red so if the glass gets broke it is still red. They have clear ones for the front too.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've wondered about those bulbs. They are designed to be used in a housing with a reflector, which is why the LED actually faces back. I hesitated to buy them, thinking they wouldn't project enough light toward traffic.

coachgeo

I've wondered about those bulbs. They are designed to be used in a housing with a reflector, which is why the LED actually faces back. I hesitated to buy them, thinking they wouldn't project enough light toward traffic.
could add some reflective silver tape to the back inside of the housing?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks