• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Scott's LMTV build thread.

coachgeo

I might spray some of the "chrome" spray paint
Will be interesting to see how that works. Think the reflective tape has more "reflect" but am not sure. Beside...... reflect on inside- sides of housing?? not sure if that is advantage or disadvantage.

This has some interesting info. http://www.sequentialtaillights.com/buckets.html But our units are different for there is no shaping to the unit to project light in any particular direction.

Last edited:

Sgthoffer

Will be interesting to see how that works. Think the reflective tape has more "reflect" but am not sure. Beside...... reflect on inside- sides of housing?? not sure if that is advantage or disadvantage.

This has some interesting info. http://www.sequentialtaillights.com/buckets.html But our units are different for there is no shaping to the unit to project light in any particular direction.
I am going to do one and let it dry then take a video and pics at night. See if there is a difference

coachgeo

Really? I think it looks pretty dang bright to me man.
LED he said was already brighter in an earlier post....... Seems he is saying that silver paint did not increase it any more than the LED swap prior to painting the silver. Photo must not show the lack difference between left and right well due to angle.

Much thanks Sgthoffer for all your posting/updating etc.

Last edited:

Sgthoffer

Update, you should use a brighter LED in the blinker/brake than the small running light bulb, if you use exactly the same LED bulbs it makes them basically the same brightness which makes it hard to see the brake lights when applied or when the turn signals on. The search for a brighter bulb to accomplish this is now on.

coachgeo

Update, you should use a brighter LED in the blinker/brake than the small running light bulb, if you use exactly the same LED bulbs it makes them basically the same brightness which makes it hard to see the brake lights when applied or when the turn signals on. The search for a brighter bulb to accomplish this is now on.
If not brighter ... maybe doing LED clear for one or the other; turn or running, will be an opposing enough color to be able to see the brake/Turn/Flash when running lights are on?

Let us know if that works if you try it.

Last edited:

bpuller

As the FNG on this forum, and someone who at some point wants to purchase an LMTV, any thought about making a running list of the parts you purchased to replace/upgrade? It would be very handy to know the part numbers and vendor info (if available). I enjoy reading this thread and your vehicle is awesome, thanks for sharing your experience.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As the FNG on this forum, and someone who at some point wants to purchase an LMTV, any thought about making a running list of the parts you purchased to replace/upgrade? It would be very handy to know the part numbers and vendor info (if available). I enjoy reading this thread and your vehicle is awesome, thanks for sharing your experience.
Every truck will be a little different, but I have my spreadsheet (here in my signature) and there is another one stickied in the FMTV forum. The parts manual also lists all the part numbers for everything in the truck at the time it was built (there are some newer versions of things not in there), though not all of them are available for commercial civilian purchase (only through auctions or surplus).

Sgthoffer

20171226_145805.jpg

Got three of the new style led marker lights installed.

20171226_151114.jpg

Got a fire ext for christmas. Mount was there but it was gone when I got truck

20171226_143206.jpg
Got new rubbers for glad hands

20171226_143402.jpg

Sgthoffer

20171224_174516.jpg
FYI, I got 15 of these new in box. I think they go to a humvee, won then in a lot while buying parts for my lmtv.
If you need one, let me know. 15.00 each plus shipping.

Sgthoffer

Screenshot_20171224-201504.jpg
I have 9 of these for an LMTV, if you need one Ill sell them for 40 each plus shipping. Won these in same lot as above trying to get two boxes that go behind seats.

Sgthoffer

20171220_113907.jpg
Got this, going to mount it behind tailgate. It will swing out of the way when tailgate is down on LMTV. Huge pelican box to carry overland crap in

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks