• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal CAMP DIRTBAG Spring run

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes , a Bob P Garand. He just might know more about them than John Garand did.
I have thrown a few hundred through mine...gotta say, SWEET!! Just gotta be careful of the enblock, it will hit you in the noggin but it sure makes a nice sound!

HEY, hole, was that fire directed at me!!?? :roll:

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have a m35a2 but probably drive my 1009 the duece might not be a fun haul up the pass.
Dude, with a loaded trailer I go 25 MPH up Cajon! No worries, turn the flashers on, slow down and enjoy the scenery. It takes us 4 hours to get to Tehachapi from the 210/605.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have a m35a2 but probably drive my 1009 the duece might not be a fun haul up the pass.
I pull the pass in 4th gear, 40ish. Phil is right behind me with power to spare, but not wanting to show off. We ran our trucks from southern Riverside county all the way to the Coso's and Lone Pine and back. No problems with any of the grades. What takes 3 1/2 hours in my lil truck takes just 5 1/2 - 6 in the deuce.........................................

offroadrunner

I can probably do most any date(s); though the later it is - the more likely I will be ready with the deuce.

Of course to complicate matters - I have also added another steaming pile (... er "project" - yeah, that's it) to try to get ready too - a 1953 Dodge M37. If all goes according to plan, I hope to tow the M37 behind the deuce to the campsite then go wheelin' in the M37. I couldn't help myself - even though I never seem to have enough time or money for the current backlog of projects, it always seems like such a good idea to add another one. And this one is like the Charley-Brown-Christmas-tree too: it's gonna need a bunch o' stuff. (Now I need to make a run to the brothers' in Fontana for parts.)

hole

I have thrown a few hundred through mine...gotta say, SWEET!! Just gotta be careful of the enblock, it will hit you in the noggin but it sure makes a nice sound!

HEY, hole, was that fire directed at me!!?? :roll:
No, just food for thought since alot of families make plans for vacations during school breaks. Easter is the worst one because every school district takes a different week off, so it f's up late March thru mid April for alot of guys.
I would've come up with something more creative if I was trying to rile you up:p

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, the good news for me is that I have a full page calendar so I don't have to flip pages and confuse my small mind :roll:. I'll start lookin' this week and throw a few dates out. I think no shirts this time, i'm feelin' a bit streched with days off...at least I still have a job.

BLK HMMWV

Will
The Shirts rock . Suggest you have people pre pay for them so you don't have to fund the purchase .

Also I assume you will be trying to get ahold of the owner of the property down the road to see if it will be available for invasion by our forces.:-D

Tatter out!

998Junkie

Will
The Shirts rock . Suggest you have people pre pay for them so you don't have to fund the purchase .

Also I assume you will be trying to get ahold of the owner of the property down the road to see if it will be available for invasion by our forces.:-D

Tatter out!

I actually like the site we were at better than the one down the road, it's more off the beaten path, but the other is private property so that's a plus.

I'm doing my best to be a good boy so I can make this trip.:-D

I'd prepay for shirts...

shannondeese

It's 45 min for me to get to Stodard Valley and I can bring plenty of fire wood for some bon fires. I'll be there with my Digi Ford and a bobbed deuce. Just be polite and repost the official date so I can request leave.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Which spot do you guys like better, the original or the second spot?

I'll work on artwork for shirts and see what comes of it.

Shannon, stay tuned here and eventually a CORRECT date will be posted :roll:

More teaser pics :twisted:

Attachments

BLK HMMWV

Spots

Will
I like were we were just fine. Seemed like there was room for 10+ more trucks with trailers even. Huge area for bonfire .Cleanup was a blast :twisted: but could have been deeper for the bigger tools that might come out.:-D

I never really drove over and looked at the PP spot to see how many vehicals would fit. Might be a plus but we didn't seem to have any hassles last time. From what I remember the PP spot was not as smoothed out and had a lot of vegetation to deal with for tents and vehical parking.

I know what your dealing with regarding shirts . I spent about $1,500 of my own money up front for the shirts and stickers for my event and I'm still out some $ on them .
LMK if I can help with the up front $.

GW

hole

Will, are you referring to the very 1st spot we went to 3 yrs ago as the original ? Either way, my vote is where we went this last trip :wink:

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I liked being able to "Clean Up":wink: in Camp....much better than the previous year!!!!
I think it made us lazy and we didn't drive as much...maybe it was cause of my battery issue.

"Will, any dates that will work on your end ? By the way, your calander is for 2010 right?:razz: "

You mean I can't just use any ol calendar?? Damm, I just went to Pic n Save and got a deal on a box of pretty puppy ones :-(

I just got the dates my better half wants me to take off for spring break. I'll look over things and start throwing dates out in a short short.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks