• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal CAMP DIRTBAG Spring run

JDToumanian

Schedule conflict! I can't believe you guys always do this on the weekend of Tower Park. So yet another year I will miss Camp Dirtbag.

MVCC Camp Delta @ Tower Park

Instead of missing the West Coast's largest MV show, we should be having a big convoy, like the East Coast guys do for Aberdeen.

Jon

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats putting it lightly! How about, mount the batteries and cover them with rubber or you might blow out the dash (yes Virgina a temp gauge WILL explode) and all of your light bulbs on the truck. AND gyou et to block some freeway traffic while you try to get it going again.

That's what he meant.

Awesome day though! Went to MV heaven! Over 100 deuces (movie star trucks even), HUMVEES, 5 tons, tanks, jeeps, Russian stuff, helocopters, new semis and flat beds, parts, parts, parts and more!

Pics weren't really a priority and I doubt they were allowed. From the time I got there until I left I was loading stuff. Filled the 105 and part of the 5 ton. Except for the electric short and all the rain it was my best MV day ever.

Last edited:

998Junkie

Good things come to those who wait!!

Besides, I need to do some axle boots and a ring mount and a new top on my turd before we go aua
Well I'm working on getting my license and have a few things to fix, it appears one big thing is my trailer needs new rubber, they are 9X20 tires and I think these are Deuce Rims, am I right?

Attachments

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I'm working on getting my license and have a few things to fix, it appears one big thing is my trailer needs new rubber, they are 9X20 tires and I think these are Deuce Rims, am I right?
Look like deuce rims to me.........

998Junkie

http://www.mvccnews.net/event_pages/tower_park/tower_park_spring.htmInstead of missing the West Coast's largest MV show, we should be having a big convoy, like the East Coast guys do for Aberdeen.

Jon
If a reschedule is in order I'm fine with it.

Though....

I want to enjoy using my MV and some cleanup tools. While I might enjoy seeing every jeep model ever produced in one place with the chance to see the wares for sale or trade, I don't see any events scheduled where I get to have some fun with my MV (other than the drive to the park)

I also saw this about the Show "PLEASE NO FIRES ON GROUND - USE ELEVATED UNITS ONLY".:shock:

Jon, maybe instead of going to a show that doesn't allow fires on the ground you should come and hang at Dirtbag where you will get 1st degree burns sitting 30 feet from the camp fire burning on the ground.:-D ( I love the smell of shovel weenies in the evening!!)

Here is a crazy potential event for dirtbag, how about an after dark convoy through some trails using our black out lights?:-D

hole

Schedule conflict! I can't believe you guys always do this on the weekend of Tower Park. So yet another year I will miss Camp Dirtbag.

MVCC Camp Delta @ Tower Park

Instead of missing the West Coast's largest MV show, we should be having a big convoy, like the East Coast guys do for Aberdeen.

Jon
It's not on purpose Jon. I for one would love to go to Tower Park, but I would guess it to be a 8 hr ride to get there in a Deuce. Most of the attendees at Dirtbag show up fri am, I would guess the most likely reason is that those folk either cant get more time off work or cant afford to take more time off. I love my Deuce, but there's no way I'm spending 2 of my 3 day weekend driving to attend a meet that clearly states " No Ammunition" No worries , we will be out there in the fall too ;)

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,
Went out to the general area we will be in last weekend. Could not have asked for any better weather! High 60's daytime, low 50's to high 40's at night, no wind! Man, if this is any indication of what we are to expect, it will be an AWSOME weekend! I have some pics, but the camera is going out, I gotta pull the pics from the memory card to post. Found a few more mines we can explore, saw Bob but didn't get to actually sit down with him. Made it to Slash-X for some of their WONDERFUL chili-chese-freedom fries and adult beverages...ate WAY too much, popped off a few hundred deuce-deuce rounds, rode about 130 miles on the scoots, man I am sore!

Stay tuned for a few teaser pics!

hole

Cant wait !! That reminds me to get clean up provisions from Aaron. This last week was perfect weather wise, 80's during the day and 50's at night.

BLK HMMWV

weather for trip

Well I'm hoping it isn't raining or snowing. Of coarse were spoiled out here in the West. Glad were not back East.

I'm already working on the wood pile.
I know you had a forest pass to get some wood do you still want to do that before the trip.
I'll help
BH

hole

Is there a saturday or sunday in the next few weeks that works for everyone to get wood? I'll make a pre-run tomorrow to make sure theres still wood.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Weekend of the 24th of April. Mark, I still haven't changed that battery!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks