• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spin on conversion DONE !!! M809 NHC 250

jwaller

this is as easy as it gets. Cummins has all the parts and they fit like they should.

I bought the kit for about $80 including the filter.

the kit comes with a new rubber ring that replaces the original on the od of the housing.
it also comes with 2 new orings that goes in the center post of the original housing. you want to use the shorter of the 2 in the kit.

place the bolt with lock washer and flat washer into the housing and torque to 35ft lbs. install new filter and check for leaks.

it doesnt get any easier than this.

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Very Nice and looks like a modification I need to incorporate The M818 is a keeper. Do you know what micron size the filter is good for and what does a replacement cost?

ajgerdes

I live in the town where they make the Fleetguard filters. Fleetguard is owned by Cummins. All i know is that they make good filters and go through alot of testing before they are shipped out.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I don't know about Fleetguard, but Wix lists(51970) thier version at 20microns. Napa sells the Wix filter (Napa number 1970) for $25.49.

bottleworks

builder77 said:
I don't know about Fleetguard, but Wix lists(51970) thier version at 20microns. Napa sells the Wix filter (Napa number 1970) for $25.49.
Or upgrade to the Wix 51970XD. It has a built-in bypass filter.

Nominal Micron Rating: 5
Beta Ratio: B2=5

Nice upgrade/find jwaller.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Good catch there bottleworks. I have been very happy with the quality of WIX filters, and thier upgraded truck filters are even nicer. Getting a 5 micron filter in the truck with a built in bypass filter would be quite an upgrade. Thank goodness you can do it with cheap off the shelf parts too.

Great work on finding this Jwaller.

jwaller

I suggest this be made a sticky. that way whenever somebody asks for filter numbers or about upgrades. this can be found easily.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
wreckerman893 said:
It would be a good mod for my wrecker.
Is there a conversion to put spin on fuel filters on the Cummins?
That would be another great mod.
There is. Any PT/G pump can have a pump mounted, spin on added to it. I have one at work. I'll snap a pic and get a list of parts together along with a price.

jwaller

WillWagner said:
wreckerman893 said:
It would be a good mod for my wrecker.
Is there a conversion to put spin on fuel filters on the Cummins?
That would be another great mod.
There is. Any PT/G pump can have a pump mounted, spin on added to it. I have one at work. I'll snap a pic and get a list of parts together along with a price.
I know what your talking about but I dont think the pump mount filters are the same size as what we have now and it would certainly be a lot harder to change IMO. I know on my truck it takes me about 2-3 min to swap fuel filters.

martinsaunders06

thanks for this info jwaller,i contacted a cummins supplier here in uk with your part numbers and the kit arrived today and looks spot on and only cost £80 with filter.will fit soon. many thanks martin

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
somebody asked about fuel filters, since the fuel filter is a stand-alone filter housing with fuel in and fuel out ports, there is an endless number of replacement filters, from the standard spin on to heated with automatic water dumps, any good truck shop or parts house can show you a book of about 50 to chose from, ive seen spin ons up to about 6", being that the filter is a stand-alone, you could put 2 spin ons in parallel or do about anything you want to do, that being said, i dont think that i could change a spin on any faster than i can change the stock one

ida34

I just went to my local store. They tried to cross the number given of 3300923 S. They came up with a cross for 3300922 s. It showed to be a filter adapter base for a 68-75 cummins engine. Does any one know if 3300922 s will also work for the 800 series five ton oil filter conversion? I was quoted $95 from my cummins dealer and $80 from my local store.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks