• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2015 - May VOTE HERE

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please vote here for your favorite MV of the month. And contestants, please feel free to "campaign" for votes here as well! Let's have at it!

Please campaign only in the thread, not PMing people.

1. jasonjc
jasonjc.jpg

2. DJones
DJones.jpg

3. westech
westech.jpg

4. Castle Bravo
Castle Bravo.jpg

5. Powershift
powershift.jpg

6. greenjeepster
greenjeepster.jpg

7. cucvlover
cucvlover.jpg

8. mkcoen
mckoen.jpg

9. jwhering
jwhering.jpg

10. RDUKW
RDUKW.jpg

11. carlo
carlo.jpg

12. Snowtiger
snowtiger.jpg

13. Bob H
BOBH.jpg

14. Junkyard Wars Crusher
junkyard wars crusher.jpg

15. 86NavyT
86navyT.jpg

16. Piper Cub
Piper Cub.jpg

17. sandcobra164
sandcobra164.jpg

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This stuff of picking just one is NOT getting any easier!!

But... loyalty to a buddy trumps, so I'm going with mkcoen and his goat.

Besides that, I know what that goat looked like, and drove like, just a couple of months ago when we picked it up. I wrassled that recalcitrant, nothing but parking brake, no-steering @#&*% onto a trailer back then - last week I was driving it around with ease. And stopping with similar alacrity!
Mark worked like a demon every day to get the goat back into shape, and did a great job of it.

Cheers

sandcobra164

Awesome Turnout this Month!! Some very nice trucks up for voting. I'll tell you why a vote for my truck would mean alot to me. My truck is just like most of these trucks, something I wanted but didn't really need. My youngest son was 2 years old when I purchased it and somehow he had an immediate bond with it. I almost lost this truck to the feds and you can search ¨NOS USMC¨ in the CUCV forum for details on that. My son is borderline Autistic and on bad days, this old truck is the only thing that can calm him down and bring him peace when he's having a bad go of it. Like any M1028 that hasn't been modified, 45 mph is about as fast as it want's to go comfortably and air conditioning would be nice in the South Georgia heat. However, my son just loves this old thing and for that, it's worth every bit of inconvenience. Also, a vote for my truck is a vote for ¨Supporting the Troops¨! It has participated in many local parades and even carries National Guardsmen from my unit each year in the ¨Spirit of Christmas Parade¨ in my hometown. It's alot of fun and ¨Sarge¨ has been at every one of them since we got him 4 years ago. Let's send this CUCV to the top!!! A CUCV has not won one of these polls yet so I want to break new ground.

Attachments

greenjeepster

Lots of tough choices, but I had to go with Westech's Mutt... Obvious that I lot of attention to detail has gone into this rig.. and the photograph is sharp.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lots of tough choices, but I had to go with Westech's Mutt... Obvious that I lot of attention to detail has gone into this rig.. and the photograph is sharp.
Well if mine wasn't in the running I would have voted for Westy as well but figured if you can't love yourself who can you love?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well if mine wasn't in the running I would have voted for Westy as well but figured if you can't love yourself who can you love?

Your goat is certainly worthy of votes and is on my voting list if it doesn't win this month. HOWEVER, I have asked all the CAMO Crew to support Sandcobra's CUCV this month as he is one of the team and his vehicle certainly is a fine example and has a unique history.:beer:

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is my story.
1966 Kaiser-Jeep
M342A2 Truck, Dump, 2 1/2 ton

Purchased this truck in July 2006.
1668.jpg small_100_1276_150.jpg

Painted Body to match 4 color MERDC found under layers of civilian paint (also matches my own truck while in military service)
apg_prep_1_499.jpg100_3405_978.jpg

Longest Road Trip - East Coast Convoy to Aberdeen 2007 (1100 miles)
aberdeen_brake_bleed_264.jpgm342a2_164.jpg

Also driven to MVPA National Convention in Evansville Indiana 2009

Display Vehicle for two different Vietnam Moving Wall Events.
moving_wall_017_139.jpg

Was used as a static display during a local Vacation Bible School themed "Boot Camp"
vbs_2_2008_212.jpg

This truck is not just a show queen, but gets worked like a truck too!

npe mulch haul.jpg2012-05-20.jpg1678.jpg1679.jpg1681.jpg1682.jpgpicture_026_142.jpg

Attended several Haspin Rallies.
342 and 105 from westy.jpg

Last edited:

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Attended more than a dozen parades since purchase

20169.jpgparade_519.jpg

Bumper markings are copied from the truck I drove in Ohio Army National Guard 1986-1992.
134th Group, 216th Engineer Battalion (134GP 216E)
Delta Company, Second Platoon, Second Squad (D-22)
M342A2[1].jpg
Upgrades, Repairs, and Maintenance
New Master Cylinder
Rebuilt Brake Booster
Rebuilt Wheel Cylinders
Swapped out every single tire on this truck (some more than once!)
Replaced Fuel Tank
Added Whistler "C" Turbo
Added NOS Exhaust Kit
Installed Thermocouple, Pyro and Boost gauges
Replaced Box Driver Seat with Springer Seat
Replaced all canvas seat covers
Added Canvas Shift Boots
Removed Hard Top and installed NOS Canvas
Found and Purchased correct troop seats
Adapted 5-ton Canvas Bed Cover to fit
Paint all over
Installed Halogen Headlights
Replaced Front and Rear composite lights with LED
Built and installed Wood Side boards for Dump Bed
Replaced Side Mirrors
Replaced Water Pump
Replaced V-Belts
Replaced Radiator
Replaced Radiator Hoses
Installed Coolant Filter
Installed Spin-on Oil Filters
Welded in Patches in Bed Floor Holes
Replaced Tailgate
Replaced Reflectors
Replaced Batteries
Replaced Steel Battery Box with later model Plastic one
Added Jerry Can Holder
Installed New Windshields with Aftermarket replacements
Installed Upgraded Wiper Blades
Added Slave Cable Receptacle
Installed Keyed Battery Disconnect for safety
Replaced Generator with Alternator and added needed wiring harness supplement
Replaced Parking Brake Handle, Cable and Shoes
Replaced most Data Plates in Cab
Complete filter change (more than once !)

Last edited:

sandcobra164

Your goat is certainly worthy of votes and is on my voting list if it doesn't win this month. HOWEVER, I have asked all the CAMO Crew to support Sandcobra's CUCV this month as he is one of the team and his vehicle certainly is a fine example and has a unique history.:beer:
It certainly has a unique history that no other CUCV has ever experienced. 20 years in a de-humidified cave in Norway as part of the Marine Corps's Pre-Positioning Program Norway. Sold at auction and found it's best friend, my son Briggs! It's been to GA Rally's the last few years and is original down to the Firestone tires it rolled off the line on. It was repainted at some point in its life in Norway. It does have a new heater core, fresh fluids, glowplugs (AC60G) and has had the DH 12V glowplug relay modification done to it. It's as close to New Old Stock that you can get but it's not a trailer queen. It keeps my youngest son happy. That's worth the world to me! Austism Speaks!!!

sandcobra164

Thank's Dave. I hope Mrs. Deb can make it next year to the GA Rally and make smores. I have great pictures of Mrs. Deb taking Lee and the Boy's down the road to get supplies in her Jeep. Briggs is in his Momma's lap held tight by two arms but Joey found a spot to get strapped in in the backseat.

m715mike

Vote for Castle Bravo

Alright folks - Let's get to vot'in for one heckuva M1070!!!!

OK, quick comment... This thread was started almost 3 days ago to the hour. It has taken me this long to chime-in cause I've been drooling over all of the awesome MV's in the contest this month. :drool::drool::drool:

There should be a rule against so many awesome MV's in one thread!!! Papabear, would you please check the rules for me? :papabear::rules: I'm just saying....

Now down to business!!! What kind of a SSer would I be if I didn't cheerlead for the vehicle I nominated!!!

Come-on folks - We need more votes for Castle Bravo's M1070.

A little history (from my perspective)... A while back, I had seen a M1070 or two on the internet. Next thing you know, I stumble across an amazing story about some guy in Arizona that bought one (story here >> http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...t-a-HET-in-life-quot-M1070-Acquisition-thread <<). I got hooked!!! These trucks are amazing.

So here we go.... Top 5 reasons to vote for Castle Bravo's M1070:

> If you live west of the Mississippi - You better vote for the M1070!!!
> If you can spell "MV" - You better vote for the M1070!!!
> If you own a M1070 - You better vote for Castle Bravo's!!!
> If you've dreamed of owning a M1070 - You get the picture!!!!
> If you are still reading this - STOP AND VOTE NOW!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks