• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sussex NJ MV Show

emr

Were there any steel soldiers there Sunday to watch the 5 ton / M 38 pull ? I am waiting for pics, With all the young blood and awesome SS guys there, maybe Steel Soldiers could muster 8 or 10 guys for a timed pull next year on Sunday at 1100 hrs ? Hope some can get pics out before I get em ... :)

Vintage iron

Great show! My buddy Martin and I convoyed down from Mass. It was slow going pulling his Scorpion tank on some of those big hills, but we made it! Everyone there was great, the food was good, the people staffing the show were helpful, lots of venders with everything you could ever wish for and the weather was perfect! Only bad things I have to say is that is gets cold sleeping in our 5 ton at night and there wasn't enough time to talk to all the cool Steel Soldiers that were there!

SteveKuhn

What I wanna see is a bird's eye view of the field from Saturday when all the stuff was parked on it. I'm convinced that today it will survey 4" lower in elevation than on Thursday.

Steve

martinwcox

Great show! My buddy Martin and I convoyed down from Mass. It was slow going pulling his Scorpion tank on some of those big hills, but we made it! Everyone there was great, the food was good, the people staffing the show were helpful, lots of venders with everything you could ever wish for and the weather was perfect! Only bad things I have to say is that is gets cold sleeping in our 5 ton at night and there wasn't enough time to talk to all the cool Steel Soldiers that were there!
It certainly was a great show to be sure. I have to thank Matt and Stacey for running support behind me for the trip. Starring at the Scorpion for 7 hours each way must have gotten very boring. My butt is still numb from the roughly 550 mile round trip! I have to say the 5 Ton did it's job even though it struggled a bit on the hills (don't try the hill climb on Rte 23 with 27,000lbs in tow) in the main it handled the job well.
I second Matt's comments, as a camper the bed of a M923 gets COLD and then some.
To Randy and team I cannot thank you enough for the warm welcome and hospitality and yes high speed runs in the display field are not allowed, got it! ;)

215Dave

Great show this weekend! Thanks to everyone involved. I had a blast and can't wait til the next one. It was great meeting all the SS guys. Best hobbyists I ever encountered. A true family

Dave

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome show! This show gets better every year. They add something new every year. Thanks to all who came out to the show and to all the MTA staff that worked around the clock to make this a truly premier event.

Thanks again to all
Chris

Vintage iron

pictures of the 2013 MTA Sussex show

I want to thank all the MTA members that helped make this great show possible. My Fiance' and I had a great time and look forward to next year. Here are just a few of the pictures my fiance' took.
Sussex show 048.jpgSussex show 051.jpgSussex show 058.jpgSussex show 061.jpgSussex show 062.jpg

Vintage iron

Tell Jenn thanks! Now my fiancé wants her own truck! I told her the same thing, it is a truck or a ring. Problem is that I think the ring would be cheaper!

SteveKuhn

Take it from somebody with a bit of experience. There's NOTHING about a wedding or engagement ring that's cheaper than a truck when you figger in cost of ownership.

No! No! No! Joanne.....I wuz just .....

eep

Steve

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks