• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The M1031 with 5" lift, 12-bolt H1's and no spacers build!

dstang97

How could a brand new wheel be out of round? I know personally I will not order anything from them again. To many things went wrong.

How much is shipping? I may be interested.

tvguy

How could a brand new wheel be out of round? I know personally I will not order anything from them again. To many things went wrong.
I don't know. I've gone through 11 wheels (used, not the new ones from Trailworthy), choosing the best and that's what I'm running now. Honestly, if I had to do it all over again I wouldn't do the Hummer wheels again . . . just too many issues.

Last edited:

allrevup

I also have come full circle ! Much as I like their initial price, double beed lock, and on-trail repair potencial. I would stay clear from then, too much hazzle to get then to work right and way too heavy.

tvguy

We'll despite my frustration with the 12-bolt wheels I do have good things to say about Trailworthy Fab. I got in touch with them today to let them know one of the wheels was out of round . . . they asked some questions and when they were satisfied that the problem was indeed with the wheel they made it right. They did tell me the usually check all there wheels before shipping them out and that one of mine may have gotten out with being QC'ed.

If I ever need another 12-bolt I'll give them a call.

tvguy

I installed a receiver hitch today. I bought the tube from Northern Tools, rosette welded it from the top and around the perimeter and braced it with some 1 1/2" DOM. I'm not planning on towing anything too heavy so I think it will work fine.

Attachments

tvguy

So the CUCV Turbo 400 has a 4" tailshaft? And the 205 has the "short" input, correct?
yes I hope this helps.
Well I should have figured out a way to verify this before believing something I read on the internet. My 205 has the long input shaft. Now I have a built LoMax with a short shaft that I can't use! Sucks.

Attachments

just change input shaft... Should be pretty easy... I had to take guts from a FORD 205 and install them in my GM 205 case... Due to Water damage on my GM gears... Has worked great for over a year now, with no issues.....

86m1028

just change input shaft... Should be pretty easy... I had to take guts from a FORD 205 and install them in my GM 205 case... Due to Water damage on my GM gears... Has worked great for over a year now, with no issues.....
He can't "just change the INPUT, he has a lowmax"

Tvguy you should be able to just bolt your lowmax
up to your adapter or at the very worst swap out your OUTPUT shaft on your 400

Last edited:

tvguy

I called JB Conversions and they don't have anymore of the long input shafts. 86M1028 is right, the only option is to put a longer output shaft in the Turbo 400.

I haven't decided how I'm going to proceed yet. I don't want to do anything with the 400 that's in the truck now. I do have another 400 that I could build with the longer shaft so that might be an option. For now though, I'm taking a break from it!

86m1028

I called JB Conversions and they don't have anymore of the long input shafts. 86M1028 is right, the only option is to put a longer output shaft in the Turbo 400.

I haven't decided how I'm going to proceed yet. I don't want to do anything with the 400 that's in the truck now. I do have another 400 that I could build with the longer shaft so that might be an option. For now though, I'm taking a break from it!
I'm out of town right now, but can verify when I get home.
I know the short (round) & tall (figure 8)
adapters (400/205) are the same length.
Im pretty sure shaft length is the same.
Your lowmax will work with your stock trans.
Obviously you won't have the full spline engagement
you would have with the long input but your short
input will give you about 3 & 1/2 inches.

I will verify this in about a week.

NOTE I'm building a
(1) 4l80/205 setup (none stock adapter)
(2) 4l80/203/205 lowmax

I have all the different trans/ t-case set ups & can measure them.

tvguy

I took some measurements today . . .

The length of the stock (long) 205 input shaft is 3.875"

The LoMax (short) input shaft is 1.65" long

The adapter is 4" thick

I measured 1.675" from the end of the transmission output shaft to the face of the adapter, meaning that the stock shaft has ~2.325" of stickout past the transmission. This means the stock configuration has 2.2" of spline engagement. It also means the the short input shaft on the LoMax wouldn't engage the existing output shaft.

Here are a couple of shots of the stock adapter . . .

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks