• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The M1031 with 5" lift, 12-bolt H1's and no spacers build!

EODTECH90

Ok so when you don't have hydro assist, you turn the wheels and the stress goes to the steering box. with hydro assist you don't have as much force going to the steering box as you do on a non hydro assist truck. The hydro helps turn the wheels with less stress and puts less stress on the frame by using hydro force.
im gettin hydro assist..... as soon as i get the lift done

big block 88

I see a stock truck wheeled to hard.

I see a guy in denial over these trucks having weak links... It is a simple and cheap precautionary measure to ensure you don't get stranded.

It was for most part a stock truck that had 33's on it, I put stock sized wheels and tires on it whne the break occured to take up less room in the shop for it's surgery.

Truck was just a puller did a little bit of wheeling nothing hardcore, the occassional mud hole but nothing more.

I do completely agree with your hydro boost recomendation.

Cucvnut

I'm not in denial on anything I never said they don't have weak links.I just did what I needed to do to ensure I wont have issues. you wheeled your stock truck and you took no precautions. don't start any personal attacks on here did you read the TOS? like I asked did you have hydro assist? have you ever run it?

Cucvnut

boxing makes the frame stiffer. the ORD brace is some what like boxing the frame. It makes so the frame cant turn in on its self and crack like the picture bigblock posted.

big block 88

I'm not in denial on anything I never said they don't have weak links.I just did what I needed to do to ensure I wont have issues. you wheeled your stock truck and you took no precautions. don't start any personal attacks on here did you read the TOS? like I asked did you have hydro assist? have you ever run it?
No personal attack intended I was more or less jokeing around I absolutely apologize, anyway these trucks need help in that area NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO WITH YOUR TRUCK in my opinion. Once that frame breaks it is a mess to get back together and have boxed and overwelded every ohter truck I've owned'worked on.

Yes boxing the frame is one way to do it, if you have a plasma and good welder all you need is some 3/16-1/4 inch plate weled solid about a 1/2 inch inside the C-Channel's lip.

big block 88

The ORU kit is a nice clean way to do it though, I have never used but have seen the kits on trucks and it is an easier way to do it if you don't have the proper tools or time.

tvguy

I decided against doing the rock rings or powdercoating the wheels, mainly because I want to get the "new" tires and wheels installed so I can drive the truck. I did clean the wheels up and repaint them flat black . . .

Attachments

Last edited:

tvguy

I ordered some PVC inserts from Trailworth Fab, along with some replacement o-rings for the valve stems and wheels. I torqued the valve stem o-rings to 50 inch pounds.

Attachments

Last edited:

tvguy

I was out of town for almost a week and work has been kinda crazy but I picked this up today. I'm gonna have to change to input shaft and bore the case for the larger Turbo 400 bearing but it was too good a deal to pass up.

Attachments

hokie8358

like the way you did that fixed yoke swap on the t-case!! if i may ask what route did you take on getting the old style telescopic driveshaft. i ve looked hi and lo and cant seem to come up with one. tryin to avoid having one built by a driveline shop! craigs list and ebay seem to be a dead end!:confused:

tvguy

like the way you did that fixed yoke swap on the t-case!! if i may ask what route did you take on getting the old style telescopic driveshaft. i ve looked hi and lo and cant seem to come up with one. tryin to avoid having one built by a driveline shop! craigs list and ebay seem to be a dead end!:confused:
I had mine built . . . the original one was bent and not worth trying to rebuild.