• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Total destruction of all End-Use items (end of trucks???)

Crash_AF

The Demil Integrity Code for most military vehicles HAS changed from 6 to 3, meaning that they must be mutilated before being sold.

That is a hard fact.

Later,
Joe

dittle

Nothing other than what the website that Freighttrain is talking about. If you go to that site and put in the NSN of a 1009 or 1008 or M35A2 you will see that they now all have to the codes to be scrapped in the US.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with CrashAF, the only thing we know for a fact is that the Integrity code has changed..

But that means stuff wont be sold off as a "complete" item... Think "Mutilation required" on all future GL sales of trucks/trailers and items with the "3" code. (If they are sold off at all)
This dont look good.

maybefixit

Maybe if anyone has a grateful friend in the local EMA / Red Cross who's been helped in the past by a Deuce owner, they could get that government official to write a letter? Getting support from the local EMA / Red Cross has helped the Amateur Radio community defend their radio privileges.

-Maybe it's a big ploy to help the truck manufacturers sell new trucks-

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wrote my senators and representative about this, as well.

Some of us like to tell stories about the "Crazy" things we've done in our trucks. Please think about the impact those "crazy" things might have on the hobby before you do them. Irresponsible actions with MV's has nothing but a bad impact on our hobby.

I hope this change gets overturned or reversed.

Last edited:

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All this "chiming in" about how supposedly easy you had it doing what you did isnt helping our case.

I'd suggest you all shut up about your escapades...

This is a open website, and as I write this, there are 57 members signed on, and 33 guests who are just looking and reading. Who knows who they are, and why they are here..... When you see this all listed in a GAO report one day, you'll all understand.

Right now, we are handing them all the ammo they need to do what they want to do. So keep talking about it if thats what you want.

Some of you guys really just dont get it.

Edited to add: I see the post was deleted by the author. CUCVFAN- What I said wasnt aimed at you, but publicing that sort of info just made it "availible" for the world....

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You mean rifles? Rifles (and ammunition) ARE still available from the Gov through the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP), as far as I know they always have been.

http://www.thecmp.org/
I forgot about the CMP. I was thinking more along the lines of selling newer rifles and artillery at auction through GL and the like. The NRA is involved with CMP.

Pawnshop

I hope this change gets overturned or reversed, but stories like the one told by the DRMO guy only server to remind me that irresponsible actions with MV's has nothing but a bad impact on our hobby, no matter what that action may be.
This makes me think that my next MV to be registered will have license plates, readily identifying it as a POV. Texas allows former MVs to be registered using original markings for the plate numbers, but that may lead to confusion as to it's service status. Plates for me...

mistaken1

I believe these are the people who set the demil codes.

http://www.dlis.dla.mil/demil/demil_coding.asp

Demilitarization (DEMIL) Coding Management Office (DCMO)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As a result of chronic problems in DOD due to inaccurate DEMIL codes (property seizures, Inspector General and General Accounting Office audits documenting the release of sensitive technologies and/or saleable Government property being needlessly destroyed) DLA established the DCMO in November, 1998. The DCMO is currently reviewing DEMIL Codes on new items and FSC transfers. The office’s dedicated effort to ensure top quality DEMIL coding is resulting in improved national security and a reduction in the overall cost of operating the DEMIL program.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The office is pulling extracts of critical and non-critical items for new items, item transfers and for the active inventory items. These items undergo technical review and validation of DEMIL Codes. The DCMO recommends and makes changes (in accordance with Memorandums Of Agreement (MOAs) ) where appropriate.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Additional coding reviews are performed for DLA, Trade Security Controls Office, and the HQ DLA DEMIL Office. DCMO personnel have made on-site visits to assist Defense Criminal Investigative Service (DCIS) and Plant Clearance Officers (PCO) in identifying items of supply that require demilitarization. Technical Assistance Visits can be arranged to customer sites.

[/FONT]As a result of the successes between the DCMO and the DLA Inventory Control Points (ICPs), MOAs have been signed for DLA ICPs, permitting DLIS to perform maintenance updates to change the DEMIL and CIIC codes for items under DLA ICP management. The agreements permit DLIS to input codes directly to the Federal Logistics Information System (FLIS). Similar MOAs are being established with Civil Agencies, such as the U.S. Postal Service, Federal Aviation Agency (FAA) and U.S. Coast Guard.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Daisy Challenge Program, previously resident under the Defense Reutilization Marketing Service (DRMS) has transitioned to the DCMO. This program offers various organizations including the Defense Reutilization & Marketing Offices, Recycling Control Points, Trade Securities, and HQ DRMS a final opportunity to submit DEMIL challenges against material awaiting disposal. The DCMO program is intended to prevent our war fighters from facing our own military technology in a combat situation. The program also saves government funds by preventing the unnecessary destruction of non-sensitive items.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

You can go here to fill out a code challenge form. I am not sure if this if for receiving agencies (end users) or the agency that supplies the material.

http://www.dlis.dla.mil/demil/demil_request.asp

Here is the contact page. Perhaps some one here can tell us why the code changed.

http://www.dlis.dla.mil/demil/demil_poc.asp

[/FONT]DCMO Points of Contact
POC DSN PHONE
DCMO Chief 661-4225
Management Assistant 661-4421
DEMIL Challenge Team 661-5233
(DRMS/DRMO challenges)

DEMIL Review Team 661-4171
(New NSN's and Active Inventory)

DEMIL Special Projects Team 661-4668
(Law Enforcement, Special Investigations, etc.)

Last edited:

FreightTrain

Banned
I hope everyone on this site will.If not then your a fool.Only takes a few seconds to save our hobby.Hate to flat say it that way but too many times we want to cry amongst ourselves but do nothing to try and help change it.Get off your butts,Send emails as often as you can.

herrickd

E-mailed all of my reps today. Hope this helps.

Has this already gone into effect? I am watching some M101A2 trailers on govliquidation and I am wondering if I should still bid on them?

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I edited my previous post to basically give this message, but I'm going to repeat it here:

Don't be stupid and irresponsible with your MV's!

This action was ALREADY taken because they apparently HAD the ammo they needed. It's probably why we're in this mess.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks