• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weare rally 2015

Carl_in_NH

Go to www . mvmvc . org and click on the 'Weare Rally' tab. There's a link for on-line camping registration / reservations. Don't know if there are any remaining camping spots, but Deb will get back to you.

RangerBob

What's the latest you can reserve spots at Weare? I know for sure I'll need a spot in the camping area, not sure if I wanna get a vendor space or not, I might decide that last minute before the ride up (depends on work, what I decide to bring to sell if anything, etc.).
Looks like all of the park-n-camp spots may be full. If you are driving something small enough, like not bigger than a typical SUV, maybe we can squeeze you into my spot with my brothers Grand Cherokee. You might want to pitch a tent a bit farther away, though. Between us, we snore loud enough to scare the blueberries out of the bears.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't been in a few years so they may of changed to location but where I was, you may have enough room for a deuce or 2.

ReoRider

Would like to pick up a (1) Michelin 16:00 X 20 (XZL) at the show if anyone has one available to bring along. With or without a wheel is fine. Please send a PM if you can help.

Thanks,
John

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called and reserved a camping spot, so all set!

Not getting a vendor spot, but if someone wants me to bring them, I have to sell:

CUCV M1009 radio rack, goes behind passenger seat, $100
CV-157/URR sideband converter, $300
aluminum medical transport chest, $50
deuce shift levers of all types, $1 ea

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
At this point I'm planning to show up for the day on Saturday. Some of the stuff I can bring if paid for:
Complete unused medium tow bar kits (Bar, 3/4" feet, 1" feet, chain clamps, all the pins) $500 each
Right hand m939 windshield (new) $100
Nice metal bows for m101/m105 trailers set of 5 SOLD
Wood m105 bows $100/ set of 5
Fiberglass m101 side racks $50/each side. One is unused, I don't have any front panels or back gates
NOS GMC deuce steering box with column $75
16x16 expandable tents (new in crate canvas, good used frames) $1075 each
Frame sections for TEMPER Tents $175 per bag (includes 1 arch, 5 purlins, 1 header, and extenders for the fly)
Nice front bumper for 5 tons $100
New tan m105 cover $250
m939 new passenger side seat bottoms $50 each
30mm ammo cans $30 each
20mm ammo cans $15 each
81mm mortar cans $20 each
I also have parts for m37s, CUCVs, 2.5 tons, 5 tons and more. I can bring stencils sets too.

I'm not bringing any of the heavy stuff unless it's paid for in advance, and I won't hold on to anything unless it's paid for.

Attachments

Last edited:

SteveKuhn

(2) Bosch Premium Performance Battery Group Size H6/L3/48

(2) Bosch Premium Performance Battery Group Size H6/L3/48 that were bought in April topped off w/ charge and put on maintainer but never installed (sold the truck). High CA, CCA for the size.

They'll fit smaller MVs. Will just fit an M37 battery compartment but due to a mounting lip for bottom clamp in modern vehicles, the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] battery is best sat on a shim to lift it slightly above the other. Battery box lid will close fine and they won't shift around. Specs below; 3 yr Free Replacement; 96 months (prorated)

Standard price $159.00 ea.; Looking for $200 for the pair. Love ‘em; just can’t use ‘em now.

If sold, I'll get them to Weare.

Steve @ DogResults.com [no spaces]

http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/672432/00300

Cranking Amps @ 32F 910
Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) @ 0F 760
Reserve Capacity (minutes) 120
Terminal Type Right/Top
Length (in.) 10.87
Width (in.) 6.87
Height (in.) 7.5
Voltage 12
Weight (lbs) 40.0
Group Size H6/L3/48

Carl_in_NH

If anyone has a spare MEP-003 (or -002) control cubicle they can bring to the rally, I'm looking for one. Just need the metal box, not the innards (but would likely be interested if you wanted to sell the complete cubicle). Had a snow-load mishap when the shelter roof collapsed onto the genset and trailer back in February, and need to replace the rather mangled metal box.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a great turnout. Checked the weather, and it is suppose to be in the 70s. 20% chance of rain on Saturday night.

Kaiser67M715

I don't know what time exactly but me and my family always leave by 8 am the next morning, we like staying the extra night because of the auction Saturday night.

acesneights1

Question: Where/when is the swim run going to be and is there parking for deuces?
It has been a little disorganized last few years. You can go whenever you want. They have a map of where it is. Should be able to park a deuce if not too many people there. It's just kinda of a ramp off a dirt road IIRC.
Just check National Weather Service. Going to be beautiful all weekend.
Don't forget the Big Truck ride sponsored by A&H recon

acesneights1

Question:
I'm a little confused, says the show ends at 8:00pm Saturday but are we allowed to camp until Sunday morning? If so what time do we need to leave Sunday?
Don't think there is a "set" time but Sunday is cleanup day so I would guess you don't need to be gone at the crack of dawn. I usually roll outta there between 9-10am.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I arrived at the Weare show today, a few people are camped out, weather is nice, mv's motoring all over.
Already? On a Monday before the show? Sounds like an early start - I hope this isn't one of those shows like Aberdeen that wraps up early, I'm travelling 550 miles and getting there Friday morning, I hope that the show is still jumping all day Friday and Saturday, hate to get there and half the show has already left. :(

dstang97

Already? On a Monday before the show? Sounds like an early start - I hope this isn't one of those shows like Aberdeen that wraps up early, I'm travelling 550 miles and getting there Friday morning, I hope that the show is still jumping all day Friday and Saturday, hate to get there and half the show has already left. :(
You won't be disappointed.

Carl_in_NH

Hello, Steve. I'm looking for the large metal box that houses the instruments (meters) and controls for the generator. I don't think that's it from the picture.

Thanks for looking - and see you at the rally!

Carl_in_NH

Don't worry about it, Mike. The hosting club allows club members to use the grounds early, with some 'special events' during the early days; an example is the 'field cooked' turkey dinner they were doing Monday night (if I remember correctly). The Rally begins in earnest for the public on Friday, with the big attendance on Saturday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks