• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This past week I Installed a 24v Infinity battery desulfater, 12V personal cab heater I found at a truck stop and a Cobra CB with dual whips.

Just got a Solargizer to install and am looking for ideas on flat top mounting without drilling into the hood. Any sugestions..?

aaron379

This past week I Installed a 24v Infinity battery desulfater, 12V personal cab heater I found at a truck stop and a Cobra CB with dual whips.

Just got a Solargizer to install and am looking for ideas on flat top mounting without drilling into the hood. Any sugestions..?
can you post a pic of your heater?

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CB, Personal cab heater 12v

OOPS I thought I did, Here are pics of a cobra dual antenna, CB and personal cab heater. The heater is 300 watts and gives enough heat to defrost the glass.

The box said it is ceramic 12v. I don't know anything about the ceramic part but it does an amazing job for $60.00 Heat is a good thing in Michigan.

Attachments

Last edited:

aaron379

we get a fair amount of snow..... but its still cold here Im trying to get a heater in my cab to keep my toes from falling off how many amps does it draw? and how much did you pay for it?

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
aaron379

It draws 6.9 amps @ 300 watts 12vdc, ceramic. When in use the voltage gage stays in the green and I never noticed any difference in power consumption.
I got it at a Pilot truck stop. Standard issue on the shelf. $60.00 well worth the money. I was just looking for the box to send a picture but as usual its burnt in the fire pit.
I try not to be a pack rat.

eagle4g63

yeah, I had the cans for a few months just finally got the holders for them, now I need to either shorten two straps that I have(they are about 3 feet too long) or get two straps that are made for hold downs.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got my winter front cover situated. It warms up quick now! :driver:
Hello, I got one of those grill covers in an arctic heater kit. It comes with spring clips, was it hard to install...? Also the lens is glass not plastic. I thought that was weird.

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello, I got one of those grill covers in an arctic heater kit. It comes with spring clips, was it hard to install...? Also the lens is glass not plastic. I thought that was weird.
It wasn't bad. I used zip ties instead of drilling a bunch of holes in my brush guard. I may do that later, but not yet. I had to drill a hole in each side panel, just under the hood so I could anchor the top spring on each side. The lower spring I hooked on the hinge.

That does sound a little strange. Mine are plastic. My cover was marked that it was made in 1990.

Here's a good thread on the installation if you haven't seen this one: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/43090-winter-fronts-instalation.html