• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Seth_O

Installed a new brake light switch, I have brake lights again!

Also, not directly ON my deuce, but definitely related - I picked up a 55ga drum and installed a water heater element in preparation for processing waste oil to burn in the deuce. This was surprisingly cheap too; $20 for the barrel + $12 for the heater element, and I need another couple of bucks yet for the pigtail.

Worked like a champ - although the wiring is definitely ghetto in the pic, it was for the test run only. I'll pick up a plug with a pigtail for actual useage.

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed a new brake light switch, I have brake lights again!

Also, not directly ON my deuce, but definitely related - I picked up a 55ga drum and installed a water heater element in preparation for processing waste oil to burn in the deuce. This was surprisingly cheap too; $20 for the barrel + $12 for the heater element, and I need another couple of bucks yet for the pigtail.

Worked like a champ - although the wiring is definitely ghetto in the pic, it was for the test run only. I'll pick up a plug with a pigtail for actual useage.

Around here, that would be called: REDNECK ENGINEERING.

Did you ever attend Texas A&M???

sharkhunter2018

Got the radiator back on my winch A2 yesterday after having it blow a hole above the outlet on the lower tank when driving it home two months ago. Pulled the thermostat and cooked it everything checked out ok. Got it all back together, filled it up and ran it around the back forty on the farm.

Nothing broke, so I guess I did something right. :grin::jumpin:

Attachments

lawdog1623

i definitely like the improvised security device on the door bro. mine got new windshields, wipers, new doors, an oil change, new hood hinges, and new mirrors. Im sandblasting and painting next weekend. cant wait

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Made some short jumper wires with the proper military connectors, put in a Y connector and now my front park lights are on anytime the side markers are on.(both park on the tri switch and service)

goatijoe

Filled up with ATF for free, Hauled a load of scrap off (1800lbs of it), and rode around like always holding up traffic and blowing black smoke out for the Hybrid cars to breath in. :driver::driver:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Completed the paint job, now for the final touches, stencils and what not. I ordered a supply of extreme Fat Mat for the floor, I have not decided if I was going carpet or a rubber mat...? Incidentally the hardest part of the whole job was sandblasting the rims to a commercial gray.

Attachments

HASSON1911

replaced all the fuel filters, couldn't figure out why my pump wasn't running when i tried to fill the canisters back up, turns out no one ever put a fuse in it, I often wonder how this truck ever ran after all the work my dad and i have done to it.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Completed the paint job, now for the final touches, stencils and what not. I ordered a supply of extreme Fat Mat for the floor, I have not decided if I was going carpet or a rubber mat...? Incidentally the hardest part of the whole job was sandblasting the rims to a commercial gray.
That is lookin' SWEET ! ! !

Noticed that somebody has stolen your spare tire though :lol:

Clay James

Got air ride M939 seats from GL for the 109, these will be so sweet to ride on. Spent hours today and yesterday trying to stop the ****ing hard top from leaking before the seat install. Also got some engineered oak flooring for the back. I envy you guys that have a nice shop to pull your 109s in.

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Changed the glad hands on the rear and fixed a under dash air leak. No air leaks finally! For now anyway. Mounted a 50 cal ammo can to the floor under the passenger seat for some extra storage. Replaced both air tanks during the week so today I also wire wheeled primed and painted the spare tire holder and tire winch assembly before I put the spare back under the truck.

Katahdin

Had two tires and tubes changed, wheels sandblasted and black powder coated at my local Goodyear Wingfoot. Dropped these off Monday, picked up end of day Friday.

Installed Westfolk's secondary spin on filter kit with four new fuel lines.

Painted four rims, including the wingfoot serviced ones, to the shade of 24087 Olive drab.

Installed the four serviced tires. Noticed a front brake hose was rubbing, ordered some new ones from Saturn Surplus.

Cleaned up and painted the passenger side elephant ear mirror and one of the mud guards.

Changed the starter to the one I had the solenoid replaced on last June. The current one lately had a bendix that was intermittently not fully engaging.

All of this Sat-Sunday. Whew!

Josh

Installed my cargo cover.

Then proceeded to put about 700 miles this week driving around doing errands and what not. Never made more then 40 miles from my house, and loved every mile of it.

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I removed the winter front and contemplated putting the cargo cover back on. Maybe I'll fix the corner seam and actually put it on this week. [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks