• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

SteveKuhn

I liked the crane setup. I was able to get some very nice 5/8" structural steel plate to customize my pintle riser. When I saw that crane mount, I thought of using a similar full plate, perhaps slightly larger than the base to reinforce. Can't picture the underside of the bed but perhaps that would be worth considering.

Steve

srodocker

theres a brace underneath the bed as I had another 1/4" steel plate for it. Gave it to a buddy to cut it in half but haven't got it back yet so i just wanted to mount it anyways

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Redid all the lighting in box to run through RV panel, installed a nice 30 amp cable like a regular RV with correct little mouse proof cover etc... wired in some 12v fluorescent lights along with a multi outlet cigarette / USB setup in the box with panel/fridge etc..

Looks like i have a leaky roof.... around the hatch, so once the snow is off i have to hit that up.

Redid wire 37 which loops around the box into a 12 volt line so i can put lights up wherever the access panels are.

DeucesWild11

Finally got around to rebuilding my rear brake calipers. Not as bad as I thought! The rear drums were dragging a little and after a trip around town the rear drums heated up to around 180 when the fronts were around 105 degrees. Neither were leaking but after taking them apart one looked like it was sitting at the bottom of a lake. She's running great now and all drums are around the same temp! I even had enough time to adjust my cup holders and installed my new low air warning light from Saturn. It was a productive weekend!

maxspeed3

Got her out of the barn and fixed the high idle issue that I was having. Turns out when I did the clutch work I bumped the linkage bracket on the underside of the accelerator pedal. All it took was to loosen the 2 bolts just enough to make the bracket with the throttle linkage be parallel to the frame. And boom it idles like champ at 700rpm.

To clarify the linkage that connects the pedal with the pump has a slight bend in it to clear one of the motor mounts. That's what was causing my problems, it wasn't allowing the pump to fully return to the idle position because the linkage was hitting the engine mount. Anyway she's is running beautifully! So I took her on a nice cruise!

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Started to add a windshield washer I didn't even know I had. Fixed the exhaust leak at the first junction. Nothing fancy this weekend.

Clay James

Took it to the mountains for camping at a lake only to find what little snow remains had been rained on and turned into big sheets of ice. The deuce tried and tried but couldn't get through it on the hills to get me there. Knew another place to camp so I relocated there. Thought I found a shortcut with the GPS, but it turned out to be something that could have been on IRT Deadliest Roads on the History Channel. Don't think I could have come up with a harder test for her if I tried, but she passed with flying colors. I'm going to change her oil and filters because she did so well. IMG_5530.jpg

steelandcanvas

Started to add a windshield washer I didn't even know I had. Fixed the exhaust leak at the first junction. Nothing fancy this weekend.
Place the nozzle on the cowl as far as possible away from the windshield, toward the hood. DO NOT place it where the instructions tell you to, the pattern it sprays will only catch the extreme lower corners on the windshields. Do not ask why I have one extra hole in my cowl.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks