• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

rustystud

028.jpg Well I decided to replace my injection pump oil lines. So I got PTFE 919 hoses made up and tried to install them today. I got the bottom one on, and as I was trying to get the back side one on I saw that the fitting was a little out of alignment. So I tried to "tweek" it back. Well you guessed it, it snapped off flush to the block ! So tonight I ordered some new "stainless steel" ones (one extra) and tomorrow I'll be trying to dig out that broken piece ! Bring on the torch and easy-outs ! If I can't get it out I'll be removing the injection pump (fun !) so I can have some room. On the bright side, that fitting broke way to easy so it was already compromised. Now I'll have a stainless steel fitting there and hopefully it will never break on me.

Jeepsinker

It was probably cross threaded to begin with, and that's where the cracks came from. I think the one on the bottom of my injector pump may be cracked too. It has that " tweaked" look too, and seems to be seeping oil. I just don't know where to get a fitting like it to replace it, much less one made of stainless.

rustystud

It was probably cross threaded to begin with, and that's where the cracks came from. I think the one on the bottom of my injector pump may be cracked too. It has that " tweaked" look too, and seems to be seeping oil. I just don't know where to get a fitting like it to replace it, much less one made of stainless.
That is the 3 way fitting right ? I don't know who has that one either. I could check with my buddies at "Parker" hydraulics though. I've developed a real dislike for small brass oil fittings. It's one thing for a "air" line. It's a totally different thing for a "oil" line !

Jeepsinker

Please do check with them. I know I'm going to need one sooner or later, and I would love to replace it with stainless and just forget about it. It is the three way fitting, yes.

The Stig

I purchased it.. My first MV. Tons of plans for it already.

Thanks to Clintogf for selling it to me.

Thanks to Clinto for all his knowledge and putting up with my newbie questions.

IMG_1741 (2).jpg

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,...

Today I took my Deuce to get its roadworthy done.
Went smoother than I thought it would.

All they did was walk around it had a look under it.
Took down some details, watched me replace an indicator globe that wasn't working, now they all do.
Then we took it out to do a brake test.
Just had to drive it at around 15 miles an hour then stop!
The little box he brought with him measures braking force, spits out a printed report and all done!
Went back to the workshop, filled out a form and that's it.
Done.
The hard part is over.

Next trip will be to go get the car club paperwork done for the cub registration and I am all leagal.

And today for us Aussies is memorial day so me driving the Deuce attracted a LOT of Attention!
The one day I forgot my camera.
:(

Aussie.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This afternoon I installed a new air filter for truck # 3, started the engine, and sat back and en joyed that wonderful "C" turbo pitch...this is the truck I freed up the turbo with the 50% solution aahhh!

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the 3 way fitting right ? I don't know who has that one either. I could check with my buddies at "Parker" hydraulics though. I've developed a real dislike for small brass oil fittings. It's one thing for a "air" line. It's a totally different thing for a "oil" line !
I had to replace that, too - I made up a new fitting out of a "T" that threads into the bottom of the IP and a 90-degree NPT elbow that threads onto one side of the "T". Works fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks