• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

92ramaro

@92ramaro How did you find pulling the fully loaded dump trailer with the empty Deuce on slushy roads? I suppose you have working trailer brakes; otherwise I think you'd need to take it really slow.
That trailer is barely road-worthy. It spends most of its time being drug through the mud in the woods or creeping down back roads so the brakes are far from working. I keep up on the bearings and hydraulic system only at this point. Finally got sick of replacing broken taillight lenses, wiring, and such.
Honestly after going through and adjusting all 6 brakes on the Deuce, it stops pretty good in general.
Given the slushy conditions though, I was definitely multiplying my safe stopping distance just in case.

Dipstick

2021 Think this much snow can stop a Deuce.jpg2021 Tire Ruts.jpgWe had a generous snow event over the last three days. I had to move Brutus to clear his parking spot out. I locked the hubs, put him in low range, engaged the T-case and he crawled through the heavy wet snow like it was dry corn flakes. That's a 3 pound coffee can in one of the ruts. Then Brutus and I went on a tour of the neighborhood. Brutus is a MONSTER in snow!!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
View attachment 824791View attachment 824792We had a generous snow event over the last three days. I had to move Brutus to clear his parking spot out. I locked the hubs, put him in low range, engaged the T-case and he crawled through the heavy wet snow like it was dry corn flakes. That's a 3 pound coffee can in one of the ruts. Then Brutus and I went on a tour of the neighborhood. Brutus is a MONSTER in snow!!
Wow Owen...

That is some major snow! It makes having a big truck exciting :cool:

Tim

hgun

I swapped over 3 more 395/85/20 tires onto my A3 only one left. My CTIS is hooked up but the tires still lose air just like the 14.5r20 did wondering if the system is messed up or I have something else going on. the DS rear when I pulled the CTIS off to change the tire oil came out of the hose and tube thinking of just capping them off. Then off to investigate my coolant leak in my heater box where I was told by the previous owner had a mouse nest blow out and coolant started leaking on the floor. Im sure they chewed something will keep updating

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't help with the CTIS, but the heater core is a cute mini radiator, full metal, no plastic. There are fabric strips to prevent chafing on the steel housing . The core may have vibrated through the fabric and sprung a leak. In any case, you can simply solder it! I used rubber strips I cut from a tire inner tube upon re-assembly to wrap the edge of the heater core and protect the inlet and outlet tubes where they go through the steel housing.

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the compliments. I have been debating since I’ve done the swap wether to paint them all black, or leave them sand . The other half says she prefers the current look, but I think I’d like the all black look. So now I’m at a stand still. Currently have a hardtop under restorations between the farm and work and a few more tid bits for it when it warms up to post in the future. Just had a gall bladder removal Friday so I’m out of action anyways for a bit.

hgun

Hope you feel better soon. I currently just replaced upper and lower rad hose thermostat and gasket removed heater and cleaned out a mouse nest I got a leak in there. getting ready to install a engine block heater. It normally sits outside here in PA. I can't seem to locate a part number or anything on the dust injector hose mine is rotted through. well back to work talk later

hgun

I’m not a fabricator I’ll have it ruined if I tried that. The hose I’m talking about runs from the air filter to the exhaust it’s outside the truck I can’t find it

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF2783.JPGDSCF2785.JPG We have no snow in town and it warmed up a bit, so I was able to install the Step Kit Front Bumper PN 12300799. I picked this Step Kit up from Bigmike when the wife and I were out visiting California late last year. This kit was complete right down to the pin, clip, and chain. Got it sandblasted, primed and painted, drilled two 1/2 in. holes in the bumper and I was done (some touch up paint required). It's nice to pull the clip and safety pin, rotate the step down, replace the lock pin, and I can step up and check the engine compartment, and clean the windows etc.. Climb down pull the lock pin, rotate the step up, replace the safety pin and clip and the step is up and out of the way. Now I don't have to carry that step ladder around anymore. My truck has a winch, and 11:00X20 tires, so it sits a little higher than stock. So this step is a great safety item for us seniors who seem to be more inclined to fall off things.

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Seniors, falls ..... oh yes i used to young and tough. What happened to us?
Well, we fall down now and - well - bumbles don't bounce as well as they once did.
Recovery time takes a little longer now.
Laying down on the old hard cold (or wet) ground takes "it" out of you more now too.
Getting up off the ground is more work too.
Clamoring up and down the side of the truck "works" on you too. Especially several trips up and down.

But, all in all - we all love it :cool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks