• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

eagle4g63

Well, couple weekends ago: put on a intake snorkel that I made out of mandrel bent exhaust pipe. And then this last weekend installed front driving lights(extra). Have 2 more that are smaller I want to use in the back for back up lights. Then need to add my 12volt alternator so I have duel output so I can use the lights!!!(and other 12 volt goodies)

Almost forgot, I also put on my personnel strap on the back.....Funny I have been cleaning out a ladies garage(packed to the ceiling) and have been finding lots of good stuff(both sets of lights I am putting on) and I found this strap hanging off one of the shelves!!!!

Attachments

abh3

This week I'm in the the process of replacing:

1) Water pump before the fan goes through the radiator.

2) Radiator with leaky top tank and general funk both inside and out.

3) Winch I fragged a couple of years ago using a cheap bolt (that'll break before anything bad happens, right?) for a shear pin. Duh.

And they thought I was crazy dragging home junk Deuces... THANK GOD FOR PARTS VEHICLES!!!

PowerstrokeNC

Lets see....

Transmission switchover to Dexron III + filters
Engine Oil change and filters
New wipers
Replaced air return line on the power steering
Replaced pipe from Air cleaner to EGR
Blocked off intake to EGR so engine no longer breaths exhaust
Cut EGR tube out of main exhaust
Adjusted genny to pump out 28.5 volts (that was actually the week before)

She's a happy girl.....

chicklin

Well Good luck with that Dexron III its junk, Allison even says dont use it anymore. Steve6x6x6 is broke down in KS because of Dexron III.... Ill nver change to it..

Have never heard this. Everything I've ever read from Allison said to use Dexron III or TranSynd/TES-295 or Dexron VI, depending on the transmission. Dexron VI would likely not be compatible with the seals in the A3 tranny, or so I've read, but either of the other two should work.

Do you have a link from Allison that says not to use Dexron III?

ApopkaFL

Banned
Have never heard this. Everything I've ever read from Allison said to use Dexron III or TranSynd/TES-295 or Dexron VI, depending on the transmission. Dexron VI would likely not be compatible with the seals in the A3 tranny, or so I've read, but either of the other two should work.

Do you have a link from Allison that says not to use Dexron III?

msg steve6x6x6 ask him he is broke down in KS right now because of Dexron III. I talked to my local Allison dealer this week he showed me where Allison sent him a memo stating they no longer approve ( Dexron III ) They do approve the TranSynd/TES-295.

chicklin

I would be curious to know what "because of Dexron III" means. They probably don't approve of Dex III in their newer trannies, but I would be very surprised if it wasn't recommended in the A3 tranny.

ApopkaFL

Banned
Found it

(1) TES 228 (C4 type) fluids are no longer approved for use in Commercial On-Highway transmission products and have
been removed from the Allison Approved Non-TES 295 and Non-TES 468 fluids list.
(2) DEXRON®-III and DEXRON®-VI fluids are no longer approved for use in Commercial On-Highway transmission
products and have been removed from the Allison Approved Non-TES 295 or Non-TES 468 fluids list.
(3) Military specification fluids are approved for use in Military Applications in 3000 and 4000 Series products only, and
are strictly prohibited from use in 1000 and 2000 Product Families transmission products.
(4) Fluid and filter change intervals are based on transmission model, vocation (duty cycle), and fluid type (see attached
charts). NOTE: Fluid drain intervals are based on 100 percent fill with Allison approved fluids. Fluid change intervals
may be adjusted based on fluid analysis and fleet data. Refer to Service Information Letter 17-

Last edited:

chicklin

Found it

(1) TES 228 (C4 type) fluids are no longer approved for use in Commercial On-Highway transmission products and have
been removed from the Allison Approved Non-TES 295 and Non-TES 468 fluids list.
(2) DEXRON®-III and DEXRON®-VI fluids are no longer approved for use in Commercial On-Highway transmission
products and have been removed from the Allison Approved Non-TES 295 or Non-TES 468 fluids list.
(3) Military specification fluids are approved for use in Military Applications in 3000 and 4000 Series products only, and
are strictly prohibited from use in 1000 and 2000 Product Families transmission products.
(4) Fluid and filter change intervals are based on transmission model, vocation (duty cycle), and fluid type (see attached
charts). NOTE: Fluid drain intervals are based on 100 percent fill with Allison approved fluids. Fluid change intervals
may be adjusted based on fluid analysis and fleet data. Refer to Service Information Letter 17-
I'll be darned...good find. I assume #3 is referring to 90w GL? I'm surprised that would be approved over Dex III.

ApopkaFL

Banned
All I can say my friend is more than one person here has had transmission problems after switching to Dexron III... My local dealer told me too use 10w 40 or 10w 30 motor oil

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
New cab top and cargo cover purchased from SS. member

Finished all wood restoration for bed of truck.

Bows, stakes, seats, side rails, headache board etc.

Fixed slow leak in rear driver outside tire.

Sooooo much more to do!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks