• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
x-box tanning oil, I like that.

If you apply enough oil to the x-box, I think that would solve the problem, partly...

I ration my son's Wii time, for sure. He's pretty good about being interested in reading or being outside as well. He also eats broccoli. Something's wrong with him obviously, but I am going to work with what I got ;-)

Bulldogger

Predator42

IMG_1504.jpgI took my '93 up to my favorite little fishing spot. Beautiful day. Then I installed a civi tow hitch and removed my pintle hitch. After that I refurbished my tool set and my pioneer tool rack and reinstalled them. I blacked them all out... which i like. I added an extra ratchet strap to hold them all down. I need to buy a black one but red will do in a pinch. after that I repainted an old aluminum locker box and installed that in the bed then reinstalled my dash box and my interior lockable tool box. This Saturday I will be proud to drive our local chapter of the Veterans of Foreign Wars through the local strawberry days parade. That is always a special day. It is so awesome to see kids and adults standing and saluting, hand over their heart... some are crying, some are just saying thank you, and others, well, they forget to pay those soldiers the proper respect and honor them. I cant wait for Saturday. IMG_1514.jpgIMG_1524.jpgIMG_1557.jpg

Last edited:

Another Ahab

I ration my son's Wii time, for sure. He's pretty good about being interested in reading or being outside as well. He also eats broccoli. Something's wrong with him obviously, but I am going to work with what I got

Bulldogger
Hey, I'm all over eating broccoli.

It's SPELLING it that is all wrong and messes you up.

broccoli.png

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drove my HMMWV to work for the first time, longest distance driven so far (10mi). Coworkers are coming round the parking lot after lunch to have a lookie-loo.

Weekend will be spent on further maintenance and LO items.

Bulldogger

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got down and dirty with a grease gun and hit every zerk fitting. Rides smoother and a touch quieter.
Also replaced some of the bolts on the mirrors so I could angle them more. I have the seat set high, and could not see very far behind me without ducking my head. Now can drive a little more comfortably.
Bulldogger

Bobthebuilder

Just standard powder coat. As far as the flatness goes...I didn't specify when I dropped it off! I use this place for other work so they did it for free. Once I got it back it was glossy and I couldn't really argue if you know what I mean! I broke down and used flat spray paint! I figure it's at least got a nice hard undercoat.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replaced the windshield wipers.

Pro-tip, while there are several sources of 11" heavy duty flat windshield wipers, NAPA, Trico, and others, as well as online auction vendors, the price varies and everyone wants shipping charges... except NAPA.

The hang up is that NAPA part 60-1150 is "out of stock" in their online system. But, a quick call to your local NAPA jobber will see him/her making a quick local inventory check and likely as not find you some still in a warehouse that they can have transferred. In my case the cost per wiper was less than the lowest price I could find online and with zero shipping charges.

Bulldogger

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks