• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

ari

Some spikes welded to it and steel grates over the windshield would complete it nicely. looks real handy for moving things though.

infidel got me

My Humvee showed up last week and I've been working on it off and on. Work and weather permitting. Checked bearings and axle oil levels-- fluids etc.. Have a green eess box on order and I am changing the alternator over to a delco 21si. The current alternator is overcharging and I just don't trust the military alternators. I have one on my 5 ton and no issues so far.

It is, with the six switch source installed under the seat with the batteries.
20160928_162346.jpg

I had a long conversation with them about it being 24v compatible, and they assured me it would work great. And so far it has.
Here it is rigged up to test some load with lights
20160929_175323.jpg

jake-cutter

Thanks that what I wanted to know. I had contacted them 6 months ago about being 24v compatible and never heard back. Now seeing that it can be hooked up to the 24v setup I will look at them again.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I made a grounding harness. Will have to wait to install until next week due to other obligations. Used 6 gauge wire from Home Depot. Had to use green bc they are perpetually out of black.
Made the connections from copper tubing, 1/4 and 3/8 for the terminations and one piece of 1/2 coupling for the engine block master connection.
Bulldogger

Attachments

Lawdog734

I managed to paint the GMV this weekend. Overall, I'm very pleased - but it looks like the hood is going to need another 2-3 coats for sure.

GMV-Painted2.jpeg

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No thread.
These are thicker rails, and galvanized.
I took apart a few and seen no cracks.
One weak area is between the 2 ears of the front upper A arm on lift tower.
Later towers added metal up top and filled in lower area which when bolted in, adds strength on rail.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks