• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

If trying to do a bumper on the cheap, It strikes me that the 4 support braces are not really necessary as all of the weight is on the the inner and outer brackets.

Sort of like whistlepig's earlier statement, they're probably good to have if you plan on airlifting it, but not really necessary for our purposes.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If trying to do a bumper on the cheap, It strikes me that the 4 support braces are not really necessary as all of the weight is on the the inner and outer brackets.

Sort of like whistlepig's earlier statement, they're probably good to have if you plan on airlifting it, but not really necessary for our purposes.
Well, I have tracked armor. So the next logical acquisition would be an aircraft right?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put a "new " left rear door on to replace the original cause the window threading is ripped, put a door handle kit on the other rear door which was missing the handles.

Another Ahab

Well, I have tracked armor. So the next logical acquisition would be an aircraft right?[/QUOTE]

Andrew, I vote for one of those USN riverine boats, like in the recent Iran incident:

- I don't know what they're called but it's hard not to like "go-boats" (especially when they're MV).

boat.jpg

DatGuyC

Ok last picture, I just like taking pictures of the truck haha. I've put more miles on it during the storm than I have in the last month, and its a monster. Pulled out cars/trucks and blew through snow drifts without a hitch, love this thing.

12620522_10208798369905787_984476664_o.jpg

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Drove it to church this morning and back. Not much, but I did drive it. Fired up the 5 ton as well while I wrenched on the Liberty. CUCV apparently said no on starting, guess I need to do glow plugs in it.

Ok last picture, I just like taking pictures of the truck haha. I've put more miles on it during the storm than I have in the last month, and its a monster. Pulled out cars/trucks and blew through snow drifts without a hitch, love this thing.

View attachment 605012
I doubt you really had to take off your hitch to blow through snow drifts. Those sweet 24 bolt rims will get you through twice as much snow as other trucks.

Another Ahab

I doubt you really had to take off your hitch to blow through snow drifts. Those sweet 24 bolt rims will get you through twice as much snow as other trucks.
"without a hitch" is an expression of speech, right!? I'm thinking that's what it was he meant.

And you're right, those rims are sweet; for sure.

DatGuyC

Lol I'm not sure if that was sarcasm or not, but yeah no hitch was removed. I actually have a hitch off an H1 sitting in the garage that I have to mount up eventually, but I'm too lazy and its cold as **** which doesn't help the situation.

Davetheplumber

"Moose"
Kinda finished my 4 man conversion from the troop carry. A bit of advice for someone who is trying to piece the conversion together.... Just buy the complete kit. You will spend just as much parting it together and its take much longer. Anyhow, one of these days I will get some X doors to go with it.

hmmwv4man.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks