• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

04mustang

I like it. My wife on the other hand....
lol
But think it will be good if I ever decide to add the cargo cover and want to keep things in their place.
And you can mount it on either side of the curtain. I just preferred it to be covered up unless the curtain is raised.

DatGuyC

Cut the stack down and secured it to make work with the light bar.

If those are the aluminum brackets the light bar comes with you might want to think about having some copies made of steel and using those. The aluminum ones are known to flex and break apart after a while.

BradBMI

Hey anyone know what part the sensor on top of the fuel filter canister is on an M998? finishing up the M998 I received from GPLNT which someone stripped on the way.

Looks like its a water sensor or something screws into the top and has a 4 pin plug which connects to a harness? Thanks in advance

Lawdog734

I finally broke down and dropped the pan on the transmission today. No metal but there was some dirt granules and what appeared to be water droplets. The fluid was burned black and the filter was plugged pretty bad too - no wonder it wouldn't shift.

I replaced the fluid/filter and added a cleanser to and drove it around for about an hour today, then I dropped the pan and replaced the fluid/filter again. So far, it seems to be running like it should so hopefully it stays that way. Of course, none of this explains why the filter clogged in the first place though, so I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Studio_20160220_205820.jpg

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put 3 new glow plugs in, 2 others I tried to replace are swollen, didn't bother with the other 3. Pulled both my antennas down and took it for a nice ride. Starts immediately with at least 3 good glowplugs!

Attachments

KansasBobcat

Recently met new to the hobby HMMWV owner. I pointed out that they had 3 bias ply and 1 radial on it. I swapped a couple of eight bolt bias plys for the well worn radial. I checked the pressure in their bias plys and all 3 were 47-50 PSI! Lowered the pressure to about 25 PSI. They reported that the HMMWV handled and tracked much better! They had not checked the pressure since acquiring it. There was a GovPlanet sticker near the data plate. I guess the bias plys have been out the system so long that no one remembers that they are much lower pressure tires and rims.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey anyone know what part the sensor on top of the fuel filter canister is on an M998? finishing up the M998 I received from GPLNT which someone stripped on the way.

Looks like its a water sensor or something screws into the top and has a 4 pin plug which connects to a harness? Thanks in advance
Maybe a fuel pressure transducer for the the diagnostic port? Just a guess here, I just posted a thread on the 5 ton section, my M936A2 has a sensor on the top of the primer pump that isn't shown in the TM's. Found out thanks to a couple members what it was and what it does. (I have a fuel leak through that thing. It's not necessary in my case as I don't have the diagnostic tools, so I'll be plugging it off. Pretty good guess....That's exactly what it is. I just was scrolling through the HMMWV's looking for something else(wiper motor problem) and stumbled upon 20-2 TM page 283.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks