• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

hummer4x4guy

I've not posted in a while on my trucks progress. Still working on it. But closing in to being done (road worthy done).
Dropped off the rear driveshaft to get the yoke and driveshaft joined together.
Need to install the block heater and one freeze plug then pour in the Evans coolant.
Tighten up two front body mount bolts and some other small minor items and I'll be ready for a test drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobthebuilder

Anyone got any advice for aftermarket windshield wiper arms and blades for the HMMWV? I want to replace mine. Also...looking for one door strap should anyone have one they aren't using or know of someone selling.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone got any advice for aftermarket windshield wiper arms and blades for the HMMWV? I want to replace mine. Also...looking for one door strap should anyone have one they aren't using or know of someone selling.

Why change the arms? The refills are standard civilian hd blades available at NAPA or any real parts store maybe $5 each. Take the screw/nut off the arm at the blade bring to store and they can match. I can't remember length offhand maybe 11 inch? easy peavy :)

PM me for a door strap, I have one.

teteacher101

X Doors

Got my X doors on finally after messing around with them every night after work this week. What a cluster that was! Strikers didn't have enough adjustment so I had to hog them out some, then I had to "tweak" the strikers more this way an that way. Then the doors would hit the top rail so I had to modify the height of the rail an twist it inward some, then this or that screw or bolt was stripped out or missing, latches were sticking, windows would stick an not slide, some rivets were missing or loose on the window frames so I got those all fixed. After 3 stops at the hardware store and a significant amount of swearing they are on an functioning!

Action

Don't adjust the strikers. Loosen the small bolts holding the hinge to the door. With the window down, close the door. Lift the back side up and onto the striker. Reach in and tighten the nuts on those bolts. The strikers will move up and down slightly if necessary, though. You want an evan gap between the bottom of the door and the rocker panels.

teteacher101

Don't adjust the strikers. Loosen the small bolts holding the hinge to the door. With the window down, close the door. Lift the back side up and onto the striker. Reach in and tighten the nuts on those bolts. The strikers will move up and down slightly if necessary, though. You want an evan gap between the bottom of the door and the rocker panels.
Thanks. I did that too, but the biggest problem I had was the strikers were in to far-up and down adjustment wasn't the biggest issue. So I had to move the strikers out in order to get the doors to close completely.

hummer4x4guy

Video of the new engine idling.

https://youtu.be/GglwDSSITOA
Got the rear driveshaft installed. Body bolted down. Evans coolant in. Lights are working except two side marker lights. Got that dang wiring harness connector leak still but it seems to have subsided.
Some other things to do tomorrow and then a four wheel alignment.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Got the rear driveshaft installed. Body bolted down. Evans coolant in. Lights are working except two side marker lights. Got that dang wiring harness connector leak still but it seems to have subsided.

Better lose that digital light switch before it's too late...

bigflew

Still in prototype but seems to work well at all speeds, and trail conditions.
Cost to me so far has been less than $500. Compared to $6000 plus for real slant back. 1009161640a.jpg

1009161639a.jpg

Action

Leaks stop when they run out of fluid or the leak is blocked by something on the inside....

79f250guy

Top Looks Awesome! I would certianly be interested in more info on what/how you did it. I was thinking about doing that to mine. Now I really want to lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks