• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

avlon01

My Bogert jack arrived today. After bleeding the air out of it, I changed out all my tires with new ones. Made the job much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gear Report

Thanks. I did that too, but the biggest problem I had was the strikers were in to far-up and down adjustment wasn't the biggest issue. So I had to move the strikers out in order to get the doors to close completely.
I'm going through the same thing and was told to put a spacer between the door and the latch and NOT move the strikers. They need to stay in the original position.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The strikers are adjustable to a certain extent, but if you look in the TM, there are more then one part number for the door latch mechanism backing plate that shim the latch out further, the doors only come with the thin one, you could just double them up.

Stonewall

Changed out all the fluids / filters and a couple of seals (transfer case). Stripped it down basically to the body. Painted all the accessories before they go back on it. On to hoses and belts. I did pick up some great non-working 8' whip antennas and AS3900. Cannot wait to get it all put back together.

orgnal

Changed out all the fluids / filters and a couple of seals (transfer case). Stripped it down basically to the body. Painted all the accessories before they go back on it. On to hoses and belts. I did pick up some great non-working 8' whip antennas and AS3900. Cannot wait to get it all put back together.
Please share some pictures if you can.

McReddy

ohiohmmwv

Post some pics!

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed new oil pressure gauge and sending unit, courtesy of Erik. Working well. Still have the mechanical gauge plumbed. Will run it a few more days before going back to stock. So far so good. Bulldogger

Last edited:

Carrera911

Installed a new lift pump. The old one wasn't pumping at all and it was full of oil that poured out the breather line once I took it off. Got a new Delphi pump from Autozone PN AMF0030. Told them it was for a 86 3500 diesel. Only differences are this pump doesn't have a breather nipple and has 2 breather holes instead as well as the fuel intake points forward and has a pretty tight clearance to a coolant line. Also the push arm isn't flat and has a slight notch in it that doesn't seem to matter. I plugged the breather hose that connected to the old pump and it started up even without bleeding. Bled it and it runs great. The pump is at the top of the rim so unless you plan to ford water that deep it should be a great option for 20 bucks. And that might not matter because plenty of people go sink civvy trucks with these same style pumps just fine.

Last edited:

infidel got me

I've been working on mine off/on for the past month. I finally got it to wear I can take a breather. Still have light bar and a overhead radio/cb shelf.yard humvee.jpgyard humvee1.jpgyard humvee2.jpg It didn't look like this when I got it.lol
Did I mention that I love my riv-nut tool! Thanks for looking. WILL

ari

Installed a new lift pump. The old one wasn't pumping at all and it was full of oil that poured out the breather line once I took it off. Got a new Delphi pump from Autozone PN AMF0030. Told them it was for a 86 3500 diesel. Only differences are this pump doesn't have a breather nipple and has 2 breather holes instead as well as the fuel intake points forward and has a pretty tight clearance to a coolant line. Also the push arm isn't flat and has a slight notch in it that doesn't seem to matter. I plugged the breather hose that connected to the old pump and it started up even without bleeding. Bled it and it runs great. The pump is at the top of the rim so unless you plan to ford water that deep it should be a great option for 20 bucks. And that might not matter because plenty of people go sink civvy trucks with these same style pumps just fine.
Should have told them 1993 hummer h1 they sell the lift pump with the vent line might not be oem but it works if needed quick.

GMVguy

To *help* prep for the wet weather, I got a FRAG #5 Armor Seal Kit to use as weatherstripping for my doors. Worked great!

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg
IMG_2736.jpg IMG_2734.jpg
IMG_2731.jpg IMG_2733.jpg
IMG_2738.jpgIMG_2739.jpg
IMG_2742.jpg IMG_2741.jpg

desmodromic

To *help* prep for the wet weather, I got a FRAG #5 Armor Seal Kit to use as weatherstripping for my doors. Worked great!
Nice. After yesterday's heavy downpours, I can definitely tell you what does not work: torn missing seals on my x doors. I suppose it is all relative when factoring in all the water that washes in from the bed on my 2 man. :) I may have to pick up one of those seal kits myself.

infidel got me

No a stock one is $70 -- which will need to be replaced in a year or so depending on how much you drive. With the price of $70, in two stock filter replacements you have paid for a k&n. Hence the no brainer. K&n filters claim they are good for 1 million miles. My Humvee wont last that long, but I'll always have a filter to put in my next one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks