• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

DCIV

My father-in-law came over today, he drove convoys in Iraq. Usually what I would call a 6x6 but he had another name for it. But he drove a humvee quite often. He even got a metal for helping design a door hinge that would allow the armored doors to work properly.

Anyways, he went over the humvee with me, answering any questions I had. Over each wheel it has "tp 20" or "tp 35". He asked his son what that meant. His son said "Tennessee patrol?" Which was better than I was going to
Come up with. Apparently that's "tire pressure". Anyways, lots of good info he gave me, he was smiling and had some bad stories but made him open up and talk. It was good.

jackson76550

Gotta ask though...do you plan on doing a body lift? Those tires look like they're going to destroy your hood the first time you go off-road...or hit a big pothole.
i am very anti body lift. Id do springs or spacers, in fact a different backspace wheel would make things clear better. but this is temporary for a state inspection. The original tires wouldnt have passed due to tread depth and i had these here

jackson76550

Noticed you used LMTV type seats in the rear. What did you do for mounting them? Hadn't thought of using those. Look pretty good.
one side I just welded some angle iron on the bottom and the other side was already setup that way. just bolted them in at that point. they were free, and I only had 3 high backs with this truck

suzukovich

Background: I have been dealing with cooling issues. Engine temp would spike and fan would kick in constantly. Flushed the system, made sure belts were tight, fan clutch works as it should. Changed the thermostat. Finally change changed out the Thermostatic fan switch. Bellow was observation Some things to know engine is 6.5 GEP, live in Florida

Ok on the run to pick up my daughter from school. It took longer for the engine to reach 220 for the fan to kick in. Fan actually kicked in at 222 to 224 which would be correct. Once fan did kick in, it ran for less time. A few times the fan would kick in but seamed to be at a lower speed but for only a very short time. Temp now seams to hover at 215 to 220. Tommorws run should confirm even if it's cooler out. Asphalt and cement still reflect heat. If temp is 90 and sunny street level is going to be at least 10 degrees hotter. See this all the time with the wife's van outside temp gauge. At least that my thinking.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

orgnal

Background: I have been dealing with cooling issues. Engine temp would spike and fan would kick in constantly. Flushed the system, made sure belts were tight, fan clutch works as it should. Changed the thermostat. Finally change changed out the Thermostatic fan switch. Bellow was observation Some things to know engine is 6.5 GEP, live in Florida

Ok on the run to pick up my daughter from school. It took longer for the engine to reach 220 for the fan to kick in. Fan actually kicked in at 222 to 224 which would be correct. Once fan did kick in, it ran for less time. A few times the fan would kick in but seamed to be at a lower speed but for only a very short time. Temp now seams to hover at 215 to 220. Tommorws run should confirm even if it's cooler out. Asphalt and cement still reflect heat. If temp is 90 and sunny street level is going to be at least 10 degrees hotter. See this all the time with the wife's van outside temp gauge. At least that my thinking.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk
Seems to be working as designed.

McReddy

charlietango

Just for fun because we shoot movies here. Whipped this up in 10 mins with crap in the shop to kill a few mins waiting for a client. It would actually pass as a background vehicle on film haha. Don’t roast me too bad.......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks