• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Jakob1944

Took it out to supper last night.....after I came out later there was a red civilian jeep parked right next to the Humvee, no other vehicles in the parking lot......Maybe it wanted some off road to rub off on it....today I replaced the fuel gauge.....that's one problem done.....

Action

Took it out to supper last night.....after I came out later there was a red civilian jeep parked right next to the Humvee, no other vehicles in the parking lot......Maybe it wanted some off road to rub off on it....today I replaced the fuel gauge.....that's one problem done.....
All of our fuel gauges are bad. They keep moving to the left quickly.

suzukovich

Maybe the Jeep was hoping that it could go home with you.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

kcobean

I replaced my glow plugs today. A 1/4" socket-wrench and a 10mm deep well socket was all I needed and I only had to do the passenger rear plug from inside the truck. The others were all easily reachable from the front. The whole job took about 30 minutes. The old plugs were actually in pretty good shape...still relatively clean, not swollen or corroded and definitely usable, so i'll hold on to them as spares. I just replaced them proactively because of the oncoming winter. $65 is cheap insurance.

While I was changing the passenger front plug I bumped the hose coming off the bottom of the coolant overflow tank and that thing started leaking like a sieve. At first I thought maybe I cracked the tank (if it's original, it's 28 year old plastic after all), but it turned out to be just that the clamp on the hose was loose. I could twist the hose on the tank fitting by hand. A turn or two on the clamp and it stopped leaking. Very glad too because that **** tank is $120 on ebay and like $230 from Kascar.

I also installed my lower radio shelf.

My airlift bumper will be on the way next week and my X-doors shipped yesterday, so she's coming along nicely!

Wire Fox

Hooked up the MSD ICE to my HMMWV to try and convince myself that I don't have to rebuild my injection pump. Computer agrees with my earlier testing...good current to both solenoids, excellent main pump fuel pressure, fuel present on return lines, glow plugs ok, but no fuel to the injectors... **** computer...it could have at least given me a white lie to make me feel better.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

jackson76550

IMG_8660.jpgIMG_8656.jpgIMG_8651.jpgIMG_8648.jpgFound the clips and built the missing parts of the m16 mounts on one truck.... not sbr friendly... but holds my barrett! Haha....sorta. Guess i need an m16 now!

I wouldnt actually drive it like that with the big rifle.

suzukovich

Jakob1944

I replaced the large flexible duct from the cab heater to plenum in preparation for inclement weather.......next I was hoping to find a Trans filter/gasket kit to change trans filter and oil (3L80)......

suzukovich

My rifle mount is almost complete except for the butt plate on the floor.......2590-01-194-2048....figure 250...item 22....support rifle mount
Mine came complete with the M16 mounts(former NG truck). Unlike before I retired, I would remove the bracket. On mine I pulled it completely out. Pain in ass to remove,but the the issue of being stabbed in the face in case of fender bender has also be negated. Kept the butstock mount in.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks