• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

suzukovich

My line number in the TM has it as a A13 which doesn't come equipt.....also has no water fording provisions either.....It was used in an Avn Co probably hauling parts to the flight line
Only HUMVEEs going to the navy or the marines were so equipped. Army HUMVEEs did not have them. How a vehicle was used it could be anything from hauling troops,supplies,chow,parts,fuel for the generators, ammo, that's the 2drs cargos. A13 is interchangeable. Every Humvee I ever been in had the m16 mounts or what was left of them. That included the first ones(80s) I drove had the crappy mirrors that never stayed up. One of the reasons that the Army required a TC in the Humvee. In some of the rebuilds they never reinstalled the mounts.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

DCIV

Been noticing a old jeep not a mile from my house, has the military tires on it. Well today I saw the owner out around his barn and so when I got home I took the humvee down to meet him. He was in the service and this jeep is something his grandpa bought after the Korean War and is a 47 Willis. It has all the original markings. It has been passed down from there and it was driving this summer but he pulled the gas tank because it was rusting inside and needed a new one. All the bushings were rotted away, but the body and frame were in pretty good shape. What a cool jeep though and also so close to where I live.

BLK HMMWV

Thanks for the link.
Those aren't exactly like the originals but then good to know somebody is making something .

The originals were just flat metal . 2 separate pieces.
Inner one was sheet metal outer one was mild steel not exactly sure of the type of metal the outer skin was made out of but you didn't see the X pattern on the finished door.
I have some someplace .
I had some door skins made years ago to make 1/2 doors out of original X doors .
Still have some skin sets left but now that x doors are going at a premium not many people are going to cut a set in half to make half doors.
If there was a big enough demand for the original style door skins without that goofy looking x pattern I'd think about making some more .

ryanruck

Buddy and I had our trucks in a local Veterans Day parade.

I had a 20 year Marine veteran and VP for the Ohio Vietnam Veterans Of America ride shotgun. :mrgreen:

Buddy's truck is up front. We were lined up in front of the fire apparatus. Crowd loved the trucks!

20171111180740-fe8d7ed1-me.jpg

20171111180746-dfbe3eca-me.jpg

20171111180744-a75b2024-me.jpg

20171111180741-674623ba-me.jpg

charlietango

Did some alpha-allied ID inverted V,s in tan plasti-dip and got it all oiled up and detailed ... then it snowed like a banshee... that’s taking the Murphy’s Law wash your vehicle and it’s going to rain November in Canada edition. Enter the mucky salty streets. Blech - guess who’s not driving in that crap. This guy.

Oh Ca-n-ada.....

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks