• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

NormB

Windy today, power’s out. Have kerosene heater in house for wife (recovering from surgery), I’m reviving a 17 year old Yamaha Grizzly 600 ATV, cleaned out carb, had it running- sort of - putting in a rebuild kit this am and wanted power/lights on my workbench. Figure this’ll last a few hours. Have LED shop lights so that helps, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gear Report

Replaced the rotten center hood bumper this morning.
I know... not much. But been so busy. Trying to chip away at my list any way I can.
Gear-Report_Project_HMMWV_Battlewagon_center_hood_suport_replace.jpg

Dock Rocker

I slapped on an airlift bumper that’s been taking up space for the last two years. I was shocked to find all the parts were actually still there and in the box. Waiting on Blackdog to send me the plate for the trailer lights and a receiver hitch. They should be here next week.

Next stop, fab up some rock sliders, a mount for the roof rack and hack my 4 man divider up and make a two man out of it and make some brackets for it.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I slapped on an airlift bumper that’s been taking up space for the last two years. I was shocked to find all the parts were actually still there and in the box. Waiting on Blackdog to send me the plate for the trailer lights and a receiver hitch. They should be here next week.

Next stop, fab up some rock sliders, a mount for the roof rack and hack my 4 man divider up and make a two man out of it and make some brackets for it.
Greg 86humv has some nice reproduction brackets at a reasonable price actually not gold plated carc.

infidel got me

doorskin.jpgGot the passenger side done. Drivers side then paint. My x-doors were in good shape, but they seemed real flimsy when opened. The door skins really tightened then up. Took about an hour a door, replaced the phillips screws with bolts. Full of paint and heads started to strip....

Gear Report

Cool. Did you get that bumper step from Ruben?

twisted60

Put in temporarily ? Today I put in a soon to be cup holder, waiting for the cup holders to arrive before I cut the lid of the 50 cal can. Also took advantage of unused space in bottom of ammo can and mounted a 3 hole cluster, voltmeter (running 12v for accessories), dual USB ports and a cig lighter socket for the GPS plug). Still trying to decide on final layout but for now it'll work and I like it, other side of ammo can I put a Harbor Freight spray can holder AKA cup holder painted Green. Fastened to down to the wood cover on the hump, ran the wires thru a wire loom. No Humvee was harmed during this installation.
IMG_2329.jpgIMG_2330.jpg

suzukovich

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks