• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, please stay on topic.

Hmmwv's...

shawnshumvee

Hey Action, finished the m16 Weapon crate today. I know the last time i posted on this project your were a bit concerned on how I would fix the rifles from moving, well you can relax the fake m16's are going to be just fine.

IMG_7013.jpgIMG_7012.jpgIMG_7015.jpgIMG_7025.jpgIMG_7023.jpgIMG_7024.jpg

Last edited:

gottaluvit

In the last couple weeks I put a new windshield wiper reservoir w/pump on one, new wiper arms on one, new hood airlift hook gasket on one, ordered and received three antenna mounts (will install next warm spell), and moved both around in my yard to spare the lawn. Even took one for a five mile spin. I also pulled the front tires up on wood blocks so the rain won't come in the cab as it hits the beds.

Action

Wire Fox

Yes very Sinister and just pure Bad A$$, but there is something I'm not 100% sure on? Oh well maybe its just the tint And camo that I'm not use to? But it is growing on me pretty fast.
I'm digging it. It's a bit too dark for my tastes, but the concept in itself is right-on. Good job for doing what's possibly the most common car mod ever, yet it is foreign to me here....and I don't mean that in a condescending way! It's just funny that I haven't seen this on a thousand HMMWVS already.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

suzukovich

I'm digging it. It's a bit too dark for my tastes, but the concept in itself is right-on. Good job for doing what's possibly the most common car mod ever, yet it is foreign to all of us here....and I don't mean that in a condescending way! It's just funny that this isn't somehow on a thousand HMMWVS already.

Funny. I seen quite a few with tinted windows. Maybe not as dark a tint. Most have looked pretty good. The light tint looks real good on the Tan Humvees

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

Wire Fox

Funny. I seen quite a few with tinted windows. Maybe not as dark a tint. Most have looked pretty good. The light tint looks real good on the Tan Humvees

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk
Fixed my post for speaking for too many people and now more accurately says just me. That's about right.

shawnshumvee

I'm digging it. It's a bit too dark for my tastes, but the concept in itself is right-on. Good job for doing what's possibly the most common car mod ever, yet it is foreign to me here....and I don't mean that in a condescending way! It's just funny that I haven't seen this on a thousand HMMWVS already.

Yeah I here you. I guess it's the mixing of two different worlds that's some what bugging me? Oh well its staying on for now and we will sell what the Sumer brings?

Carrera911

Rock Sliders

Finally finished up my rock sliders. I wanted some side protection for the body when going through deep ruts or tight trails so I added some side tubing. The main piece of angle is 1/4" thick and should be more durable than the others I've seen of 3/16". There's also 5 carriage bolts coming up from the bottom spaced in between the side bolts. If the tubing lands on something, they should provide more strength to keep the body from bending. If there's enough interest I could make some duplicates.
IMG_3702.jpgIMG_3701.jpgIMG_3699.jpgIMG_3698.jpgIMG_3700.jpg

FFesco

Changed my brake fluid, DOT4, on my m998. The fluid keeps changing colors. Sometimes has a tint of red, sometimes a tint of blue green. I’m guessing the red is old rust, not sure about the BLUE. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seatea777

Finally finished up my rock sliders. I wanted some side protection for the body when going through deep ruts or tight trails so I added some side tubing. The main piece of angle is 1/4" thick and should be more durable than the others I've seen of 3/16". There's also 5 carriage bolts coming up from the bottom spaced in between the side bolts. If the tubing lands on something, they should provide more strength to keep the body from bending. If there's enough interest I could make some duplicates.
View attachment 721554View attachment 721553View attachment 721551View attachment 721550View attachment 721552
I'd be interested

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

shawnshumvee

View attachment 721554View attachment 721553View attachment 721551View attachment 721550View attachment 721552
Nice!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks