• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When did people start painting aluminum transmissions and transfer cases?
Today I guess, just after they started painting aluminum trucks..๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Tired of 30 year old mismatched ugly looking crud.. Just a freshen up.. and I can see leaks easier.. Hell if I had the money and time Id run it through a media blaster.. Nice, shiny, and new(er) lookin... But $4 rattle can will be fine...

Last edited:

3jacks

Got a couple Bestop Trailmax II seats installed. Used the existing driverโ€™s frame (cut back and bottom springs off). welded a couple 1/4โ€t bar stock for mounting plates. A little double sided tape on cardboard with bolts in the hole locations leaves a nice imprint for drilling. Seat is a little high but these are comfy seats.

Attachments

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finished putting t-case and tranny together... Now Iโ€™m stumped.. Matted Deep Gray or Charcoal Gray ??? Anyone feel free to chime in ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿค—View attachment 794086
Spray adhesive and glitter.

That way when you get lifted by a Helo, you will look like a disco-ball.

(Just leave it alone and let time and dirt make it all match).

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
YES, It's part of the kit. Closes off the gap / opening between body to top of bumper. I did and like it. May require little roto file action to line up, easy one minute job. Rivet and done.

To do or not to, it's up to you, CAMO

Thirsty? That's a seriously heavy water to fuel ratio on the back! 25 gallons of water, 5 gallons of fuel.
Ha ha. I had installed e-track and was seeing how many fuel cans I could strap in. Only thing is I only have 1 fuel can

Attachments

Wire Fox

Ha ha. I had installed e-track and was seeing how many fuel cans I could strap in. Only thing is I only have 1 fuel can
Very nice! Any instability without something holding it down from the top of the cans? I'd be worried about a couple of good bumps sending one can flying up out of the stack, followed by the rest flopping around freely due to the new slack. Because of this, I've just thrown a ratchet strap through the handles and used the floor-based tie-downs. I've had them only come loose once that way (strap shifted due to my haste), but they all remained tethered in the bed of the truck thanks to being a closed-loop.

Very nice! Any instability without something holding it down from the top of the cans? I'd be worried about a couple of good bumps sending one can flying up out of the stack, followed by the rest flopping around freely due to the new slack. Because of this, I've just thrown a ratchet strap through the handles and used the floor-based tie-downs. I've had them only come loose once that way (strap shifted due to my haste), but they all remained tethered in the bed of the truck thanks to being a closed-loop.
Iโ€™ve not reached a conclusion on this matter. In a pinch it will work how I have it but Iโ€™ll probably never really need that many in my bed. Hopefully.

Crapgame

1994 M1097A1 Green Beast is now running. She would just crank and crank after I installed the missing check valve and fuel line into the fuel filter cannister, was preparing to start loosening injectors but found an older thread by Tobash that the fuel injection system needs quite a bit to purge the air from the system. So I tried to start it up again today, after about 4 cranks of 15 seconds each she started up, ran a bit rough at first but after some billowing smoke, smoothened right out.

I had installed A2 teardrop shackles on the frame extensions when I had the damaged hood off, while swapping out the curbside damaged frame extension and replacement A0 winch bumper plate.

I'm going to rewire the winch remote control from the A0 type in the control box on frame extension to the Amphenol panel mount in the driver's compartment.

Attachments

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found the power steering leaking hose. The PO cluged together a hose rather than replacing. Rig will be back on the road as soon as I can buy power steering fluid, as all the shoppes are on COVID19 lockdown. I guess I will purchase power steering fluid online.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks