• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Getting your hands a little dirty now when you are prepared for it is a lot less stressful than having to get them really dirty later on when you are somewhere that you aren't prepared for it.
Absolutely!!!! And it is an opportunity to teach kids the importance of knowing more about a motor vehicle than just putting in fuel and using a key.

Best,

T

Attachments

AtlantaSBR

It was just over a month. I was thinking it was time to email, having politely waited a bit, and when I emailed they replied in two days with a tracking number.

BDGR
I am at just over 2 months now for my Camo 4 man crew kit. Sent an email a few days ago and haven’t heard back.

Hoping for the same response!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Absolutely!!!! And it is an opportunity to teach kids the importance of knowing more about a motor vehicle than just putting in fuel and using a key.

Best,

T
TOBASH... I got to ask, Where are you putting your hands to get the back of the fingers all greased up?

That HumV must be really clean now, CAMO

Little tip... if you have to bare hand it ?? Use lots of hand cream. They will clean-up a lot easier and smell good too.🤝

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TOBASH... I got to ask, Where are you putting your hands to get the back of the fingers all greased up?

That HumV must be really clean now, CAMO

Little tip... if you have to bare hand it ?? Use lots of hand cream. They will clean-up a lot easier and smell good too.🤝
Hand creme makes tools slip. I just used a judicious amount of soap and a scrub brush and my hands are baby clean.

Besides, if ya' ain't getting dirty you ain't playing hard enough.

Gonna use engine degreaser and warm water and my pressure sprayer to clean the under hood area. Also gotta find and clean the hose or drain or whatever in my intake manifold to drain the valley before the people living on the plain get flooded out. LOL Lotsa water there.

Last edited:

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Hand creme makes tools slip. I just used a judicious amount of soap and a scrub brush and my hands are baby clean.

Besides, if ya' ain't getting dirty you ain't playing hard enough.

Gonna use engine degreaser and warm water and my pressure sprayer to clean the under hood area. Also gotta find and clean the hosor drain or whatever in my intake manifold to drain the valley before the people living on the plane get flooded out. LOL Lotsa watter there.
Surgeon with no gloves? One on one with the HumV... Got it.

I like the bright fluorescent green ones from Auto Zone. Here comes the alien and the HumV is nervous, CAMO

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Best,

T
Hope you have those insured for working on a HMMWV... Surgeons need most of their fingers 😂👊🏼👍🏼

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The best part was my fuel priming process..A little unorthodox.. I used a shop vac hooked up to my water/fuel separator bleeder valve.. 3 seconds and fuel made it to the filter.. 10 second crank... 10 second crank.. Fire .. Didn’t even have to open my injectors to bleed air 👊🏽👍🏼 Hey, it’s running like a champ , that’s all I can say ... And the $99 Wally World 24F 750CCA batteries are cranking machines.. So far .........And I found this today

8E6BE9F8-1D96-4389-8C19-4E65BCEEDFA0.jpeg47F4C756-785E-4D91-AD4B-8888CE1D2282.jpeg

Ajax MD

The best part was my fuel priming process..A little unorthodox.. I used a shop vac hooked up to my water/fuel separator bleeder valve.. 3 seconds and fuel made it to the filter.. 10 second crank... 10 second crank.. Fire .. Didn’t even have to open my injectors to bleed air 👊🏽👍🏼 Hey, it’s running like a champ , that’s all I can say ... And the $99 Wally World 24F 750CCA batteries are cranking machines.. So far .........And I found this today

View attachment 801505View attachment 801506
Someone...put a blanking plate over the manufacturer on the tailgate? Why?

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just to aggravate me forever... now I have 20 rattling rivet pieces inside my tailgate 😂😂

Guess I’m gonna need to open a small hole and shop vac em out...
No shoppe vac needed.

Drill a 1/2 inch hole, and pull the rear tailgate and rock her back and forth until they all fall out. A hole in the corner will maximize your efforts.

[EDIT - drill hole on underside and close to the corner, and on the back away from where it is visible. Purchase plastic plugs ahead of time to then plug all your holes including the one for parts removal.]

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks