• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What wheels are on your humvee?

TDButler

Maxxis RZR MT 40x13.50r17 on 17x9 Raceline Rockcrushers 0 offset (5” backspace). Barely sticks out of the body/ wheel well. Truck has about 2” of lift all around.

Attachments

escuderj

So I got the new air lifts that are 2” higher to accommodate the future lift.

I haven’t taken possession of the 2003 m1123 yet but I’m afraid if I go with the black rhino 20x9.5 arsenals with a -18 offset and Nitto grapplers at 38x13.5x20 that they would look too small with the 2” body + 2” suspension lift.

If I forgo the lift then I have these extra high air lift hooks.

thoughts?

Did you put the body lift and the suspension lift on you M1123 yet and did you go with a spacer or new coil springs and how is the ride?

Gamble

I have a m1123 I'm looking to do a body lift and a maybe taller coil spings in the front. Did you go with new springs or spacer and how was the ride????

thank you
No new springs or spacers. 2 in discs and 2 inch body lift kit. Ride is the same to me. The 40in Mud Grapplers are loud but I can barely hear them over the sound of the Hmmwv enging/tranny.

Attachments

Last edited:

escuderj

No new springs or spacers. 2 in discs and 2 inch body lift kit. Ride is the same to me. The 40in Mud Grapplers are loud but I can barely hear them over the sound of the Hmmwv enging/tranny.

do you have a M998 or M1123 I was told their is a difference in springs.

thanks

escuderj

I have a 1045a2. No idea on the difference in springs between models.

Cool I haven't done any thing yet, I ordered doors and new soft top, I'm confused on what direction to go for lift kit for 40 tires. what size do you have and do you have any pictures?

thanks again

Gamble

Cool I haven't done any thing yet, I ordered doors and new soft top, I'm confused on what direction to go for lift kit for 40 tires. what size do you have and do you have any pictures?

thanks again
My tires are 40x15.5r20. I think its user preference. Some people prefer the spring setup while others prefer discs and puck lift. The ride MAY be better with the spring lift method but I have no idea.

Attachments

escuderj

My tires are 40x15.5r20. I think its user preference. Some people prefer the spring setup while others prefer discs and puck lift. The ride MAY be better with the spring lift method but I have no idea.

wow that's a nice set up, I like the stance on that too. How do you like those tries? look like Nito mud grapplers

escuderj

Also looks like you did the 2 inch body and 2 inch spacer front and back? The set you sent in the last few messages? I'm just trying to figure out what I like to order. Thank you.

Gamble

I like the tires. They're a little wide at 15.5 but I got a great price on them so I couldnt pass it up. Next tire purchase I may get the 13.5 version.

escuderj

I like the tires. They're a little wide at 15.5 but I got a great price on them so I couldnt pass it up. Next tire purchase I may get the 13.5 version.

I was wondering if you went with basic body lift or the frame mount body lift? I'm not sure what I'm going with I see the basic is about 655$ and the frame mount complete kit is around 1400$.

kungflu72

You can air down and use 50/50 coolant to balance them, safe, effective, will not corrode or damage wheels or the O-rings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like that would work. Any input on the amount that would work in some 37's? I wouldn't think it would take much. Not like a tractor tire, where it is used for ballast. I fill those up completely.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
16-20 ounces should be plenty. You just need enough to compensate for however much out of balance the tires are. Too much isn't going to hurt anything, just adds extra unsprung weight.

missionexpert

Ok I’m not wheel sizing expert..... I am trying to figure out what backspacing on the 17x9.5 Black Rhinos for as close to stock. I have searched here and the Facebook and -18 mm offset seems to be the most mentioned but I have also been told +6mm. Since the stock wheel is 9” wide with a 7” backspacing means it has a positive offset, I assume the +6mm will achieve what I am after? And I assume there would be enough inner clearance for 37x12.5x17 tires or is that why there seems to be more mentions of the -18mm? Thanks!
Did you ever get your answer? The stock HMMWV wheels are +63.5 offset. 9" rim width, 7 inch backspacing = 2.5" + offset = 63.5mm+ offset. A -18 is setting the wheels 2.95" further out with a 9.5 wheel.

I've been looking for wheels with a +63.5 offset, or close to it (with 9" wheel width). Sometimes it's hard to find a site that clearly mentions the offset or allows you to search by offset. Any recommendations for wheels with + offset?
Looking to stay with 37" diameter and close to factory offset.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks