• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What wheels are on your humvee?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whenever you revive an old thread, you run the risk that people have left the forum. Joe the Barber left the forum a good while ago, in an angry tiff, because he didn’t like the way people questioned some of his work on his truck.

williamh

Just bought some black rhino armory rims w/ 37x12.5R17 Atturo Trail Blade Boss M/T. No idea what it will look like but I’m hoping it looks good. Won’t be in for over a month. Waited since March for the EUC / SF97 what’s another couple of weeks!
Was looking at those rims. $300.00+ Each , tires were 400+each. Haven’t pulled the trigger on either , might just buy some mtr’s from CSM. I can use my rims and it 1/3 the price. Not going to be a daily driver. Just parades and looking cool 😎

OBX

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

Tino160

Hey guys, new here. Just got this one and love it. 22” x12 XD with 37 x 13.5. (Think -44 offset)I need to get it state inspected for paperwork and think they will hit me on the tires sticking out too far (about 3.5”). Anybody have a set of cheap factories without dry rot cracks for sale/rent around Louisiana? Thanks.1327BD6A-F160-4390-8F04-2631C4A01A02.jpeg

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First Post. New wheels and tires. Good fit. Been working on this Humvee for a while. It's changed a lot over the last year.

View attachment 866573
Wheels
Vision Tactical - BKMTXX
17 X 10 8-165.1 -25 offset

Tires
Milestar Patagonia M/T
38 X 13.50R17 LT 119Q C2 BSW

No lift

That much offset is trouble. I hope you have "BlueHummers" .

SmartDrug

That much offset is trouble. I hope you have "BlueHummers" .
I realize that the nature of the portal hubs changes things, but that’s only a couple of centimeters, about an inch, over stock. Guys have been doing 4-6 inches over stock for years, the only casualty being quicker bearing failure (and bad taste).

Are these hubs really that sensitive to lever changes that small? It seems like, given the application of these trucks, that this is a non issue if the hubs are properly serviced.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please look up blue hummers and spindle failures. More common than I think you’re aware.

SmartDrug

Please look up blue hummers and spindle failures. More common than I think you’re aware.
I'm aware of them, I'm also aware of their cost. I get the sense, given their inflated price, that they're preying on people's fear of them failing. I'm a risk adverse person, but I still look at them and think, that's ridiculous. If it were that much of an issue, they would have completely redesigned them at some point since 1985. Hundreds of thousands of HMMWV/H1, millions of miles - many incredibly harsh, and this isn't an issue beyond inspection and periodic replacement.

If the M16 or its variants would occasionally have an OOB that would kill the squad because of a failed O Ring on the bolt, they would change the system, they haven't here, not in any appreciable way.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm aware of them, I'm also aware of their cost. I get the sense, given their inflated price, that they're preying on people's fear of them failing. I'm a risk adverse person, but I still look at them and think, that's ridiculous. If it were that much of an issue, they would have completely redesigned them at some point since 1985. Hundreds of thousands of HMMWV/H1, millions of miles - many incredibly harsh, and this isn't an issue beyond inspection and periodic replacement.

If the M16 or its variants would occasionally have an OOB that would kill the squad because of a failed O Ring on the bolt, they would change the system, they haven't here, not in any appreciable way.

Horse….. Water…..

27C8AED5-55DD-4EB9-8FE9-A978156D31FD.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks