• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where are you staying for the 09 GA Rally

Blythewoodjoe

This is probably a bad place to post this I have a mule in the back yard that belongs to my cousin that he want's to sell. It's a basket case but might have some good parts. I think I should take some pictures of it and post them on the thread about parts that can be brought to the rally. Any of you guys needing mule stuff?

Green_gator

I am planning on camping in the M109 and bringing extra gear in the trailer. Wish there was a nice lake and I would bring the kayaks and fishing poles. Looking forward to the pre-rally at Vinny's. Will bring silver bullets for tea and bug juice. Trying to brew up a couple of batches of O.D. Ale in time to bring to the rally. Can combine my two favorite hobbies - MVs and home brew.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a fishing pond at the Plantation. It looked like chocolate milk, last year!
With all the people and fun there, we didn't even find time to hit the shooting range.

Last edited:

Green_gator

I think I captured the folks who listed cabin reservations for the Georgia Rally on this map. Scanned it and hope that it will be able to size large enough here to read. If it does I can update this with any names I missed so we can have a map of who is where. Just received confirmation from my brother that he is flying in from Grand Junction, CO for the rally. Will drive up and back from Tampa, FL with me.

Attachments

dcwilkie

Margaret and I plan to "rough it" in the RV area if we get the Cheetahmobile in good enough condition to do so. Otherwise we'll just drive over for Saturday to hopefully meet the great and helpful folks of Steel Soldiers.

I'd like to add that despite being new to this, y'all have certainly made me feel welcome and have been most gracious in answering my dumb questions. Thank you very much! :-D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Walter, where did you find that map? I searched that site high and low and couldn't find it. I even tried from the URL on the top right of yours with negative results.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
:cry:The bad news is that I - and the entire CAMO group will be spending the Rally weekend working right here in good old Columbus, GA.

One by one we have been caught up with job issues so there goes the trip!

I have a meeting on that Saturday morning that I can't blow off because I'm on the Board of Directors.:-x

Hope all who attend have a good time and post lots of pics.

poppop

Bad news PB as I was really looking foward to getting to know you better this year. We met and talked some last year but not that much and I was really looking forward to this year.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Sorry guys...if you will PM me your address poppop I have some things I need to ship to you.

This was not an easy decision but has been made for us and I don't see a way around it:cry:

FM5332FF

Due to Staffing cuts at my fire department I wont be able to make it to the rally, I cant find anyone to cover my shifts, we lost 17 firefighters and with the budget how it sits there is no overtime at all. With that said Chipmunk Palace 1 Will be available, I still have to make the call and let them know that I wont be staying, but I just wanted to let you guys know first incase any one wants to stay there...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks