• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why did you buy your deuce

performanceauto89

I have always wanted the old 6x6 rig. Bought mine this spring on a State Surplus auction, 1957 M35. Going to convert it to a dump box this winter. It's like the "all terrain truck" goes damn near anywhere, just don't get there that fast!! I cut alot of wood, so it will get used mostly for that. Plus now all the buddies will call me when they get stuck!!!! Also makes a good hunting rig, goes down the old no maint. roads no problems.
Everyone of my buddies has said Why? I say why not and because I can. But then again everything else I do is always overkill.
If you build it overkill, your buddy that borrows it will have a heck of a time breaking it!!! Right?
Last but not least. The guys that used to drive a rig like mine back in the 50's and 60's. The stories they can tell you. A truck like that seems to bring back some good memories to them.

JAYHAWK 1962

Bought mine to help out doing stuff hauling pulling trees on the property. Also they are great fun and really turn the heads. Then had to get another one for personal use not for work, got another one for parts , needing a 5 ton tractor, needing a wrecker etc etc etc it feeds on itself

res0wc18

one is complete outside of belling ham we got chased away this last spring early summer when we went to poke around now there is armed guards several hundred yards before you can just barely see it, one is on the grounds near mchord AFB that all there is left to do is? well not sure how to make one but the walls are up and the wiring is done

saddamsnightmare

October 9th, 2009.

My 1971 M35A2Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" was bought to preserve her history and as a working truck, she can haul stuff no other medium duty truck can take, and go places they can't go. The 1963 Swiss Cargo Unimog, ditto, and it can go places a deuce can't make it. Regarding those camps, I hope they get done sooner as I have some candidates that could use re-education.:twisted: In any case, being from W.Va. and stuck in Texas.... The first state could not be taken over by any conventional force due to terrain and cussedness, the second might as there are no physical barriers here I can see, but they're still pretty cussed.

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

Bigmillman

Bought mine from a private individual. Should of went GL. Love it. Was a duece and five ton mech. in the Army. They are just big pickups with an attitude. Our boyscout troop loves it.:p I want to get a five ton. Maybe a ten also. Green is addictive.:wink:

hellrayzor1

I was on craiglist one day looking for a used compressor and guess what showed up on my search results......Drove over and checked it out and it kept wispering "buy me, buy me" . So now it's in my backyard getting restored and everything I fix just makes the voice clearer. Wonder what will start calling my name when this one is finished........

Oh and by the way......it comes with a compressor :)

Mark

Oh and I drove these in the USMC back in the 80's and loved it, time to relive some of the good ol days.

TulsaME

I've wanted one since I was a kid and the wife things it's cool. She also thinks we might need it someday. My M35A2C actually still sitting in Little Rock waiting for the feds to say it's okay for me to buy something they want to sell and I want to buy. Come on EUC!

Plus I needed a truck to take to the gun range. :-D

WyoDeuce

I bought mine so I could be dissapointed by G.L. I love endless paperwork and nothing is more fun than waiting for an E.U.C. I have just been notified that my deuce has been put on hold for inspection. Horay!!auaaua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks