• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why did you buy your deuce

wiggall

I just put a bid on it to see what it went for! THE REST IS HISTORY! We have not looked back. IT IS A KICK IN THE ASS!! It is loved in the parades, and car shows that we have put her in!

skidder

#1 reson why IS ..... its made in" AMERICA BY AMERICANS for AMERICANS "...... do i need to say anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Skidder USAF Sgt.1972 62 Kaser M35 W/W gas sold yrs ago 70- M35A2 W/W LDS eng. just got in:-D

dk8019

I bought my first one, a M109 to do some camping in some places that I wouldn't take our normal camper. After getting it, I fell in love with the design, and loved the new found ability to move very large and heavy things for far less money than I would have spent on a trailer. The 5-ton came afterwords to serve as a project and something to keep me busy and extend my ability to move stuff around the place. The 2nd Deuce came because I realized the value in what I was getting for such a well put together piece of American Steel, built when we knew how to build things to last.

toyotechwv

I rarely have to do city driving, usually get about 45 in the city. 55-58 on the highway depending if the terrain is hilly or flat. :-D
This was a 90% highway, 10% city tank. This is all driving back and forth to work in a mountainous terrain with constant, steep elevation changes. I'd like to see your TDI do that, buddy. ;-)

That was using this:

greenjeepster

I am another "greeny, hippy Honda" hybrid driver who likes military trucks. The biggest problem with this country is that everybody tries and segregate themselves into stereotypical groups. Diversity exists and we should be embracing it to protect our rights and freedoms.

I am also a "left wing liberal nut" who owns guns and hunts, but have been accused of being a trader to the shooting sports:roll:

My opinion on it is the owning deuce is a great way to reduce our carbon footprint. I can run homemade bio-diesel in it without any modification to the truck. It will pull anything I need to tow, haul rock, dirt, manure and any number of other things that I would not want to put into the bed of a 40K pickup. when we move back north in another year or two it will plow our 4500 ft driveway, much cheaper than I could hire it out done. It will do a lot of things around the property that I would have to own a tractor for otherwise and farm tractors are not any cleaner to run than a deuce. So I am recycling a 40 year old truck.... nothing not green about that:-D

HillsAndHollows

I'm in my late fifties....never grew up, played with toy trucks when I was a kid...real steel Tonka trucks...always wanted an army truck....thanks to Uncle Sam for selling off the real stuff....had to have one, what else can I say, they're coool!

GoHot229

I saw the site BabyJ on the internet, dont remember what I looking for but, I saw a bobber type truck and it stuck with me. Then I became interested just as a curiosity and came across a picture of one of Cavemans outfits, interest grew and I started following ebay. Started proposing trades to the people on the adds, and got nowhere. I found Steel Soldiers about a week before they changed to the new format and put an add in classifieds, of-course after registering and joining SS. Placeing an add, I got a responce for the trade and contacted the guy and about a couple weeks later we traded. I think I got the better deal, although I had just spent lots of green on the bike I had traded for the Deuce, so we both got what we wanted.

IMA944T

I wanted one since I shot 22's at our local Natinal Guard Armory indoor range when I was 13. Now that I'm 46 and have a great wife she said go ahead a get one if thats what you want. Had choise of this truck or new one to drive everyday. My other truck run great and it's paid for, so it was a no brainer. Bought a great truck. Have had to put starter and fuel pump on it, and going to replace axle seals but I can do it. Can't do much on the new cars and truck and it's no fun to do when it's your daily driver. So this is kinda a fun hobby.
To me it's just a huge pickup to drive around that not many people have one like it.
And personal tag is SIZMATR Wife thought it was a bit much though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DirtMagnet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Xpeditionary travel, hauling everthing, making people happy, making me happy, to rev up, to listen to the turbo, to listen to the engine, to fix, to break, to stair at, to hit my head on, to spend money on, to hit my wifes head on, ................

wb1895

I bought my deuce because they are really really freakin cool!!!! When I deployed with the Army in 2000 I was assigned to a deuce. That deuce was the coolist thing I had ever driven, I then decided that I wanted one. I never knew how to get ahold of one until one day I came upon the SS site. From here I learned of GL and the rest is history.

my deuce is a non-turbo (which I love) I dont worry too much about prople tailgating me. I just slow down a little and throw her into 5th gear and let her smoke!!!! They usually back off from there

Last edited:

shannondeese

I bought mine because when I was little two of my brothers were in the Army and I remember watching them drive them on manuvers around Camp Oleano and Camp Blanding for a few years. Then When I joined the Marine Corps we had a few left. Now we have 7 tons and I missed the Deuce.

res0wc18

i bought mine to survive the upcoming complete world economic crash and North American Union internment camps. No joke> read up on this. We have two already near completion in Wa state already i have seen with my own eyes. Get ready friends its coming.

greenjeepster

i bought mine to survive the upcoming complete world economic crash and North American Union internment camps. No joke> read up on this. We have two already near completion in Wa state already i have seen with my own eyes. Get ready friends its coming.
If your not joking than why does it sound so funny? lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks