• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch Deuce on GL for $1100

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
According to some u would be right Tom. Makes me wonder if i want to post abt mine. So many act as though their way is the best.

Maybe those folks should read the thread about stepping away from the computer before posting.

WHAT HAPPENED TO CIVILITY AND RESPECT?:deadhorse::deadhorse:
The time to ask that question would be AFTER the local headlines read:

INNOCENT MINIVAN DRIVER AND 6 KIDS KILLED
BY RUNAWAY MILITARY SURPLUS TRUCK WITH
NO BRAKES AND FAULTY SUSPENSION
(See our special insert with ALL the gruesome pictures!!!)
DRIVER CLAIMS HE DID KICK THE TIRES BEFORE DRIVING IT.

THEN your question would be valid...
What happened to civility and respect FOR LIFE?

Obviously, many here have strong feelings with regard to safety and responsibility.

Last edited:

combat32

You made my point, better to encase it in concrete so it can't ever hurt anyone, we should all put a boot on all of our trucks, they are just too dangerous.

My point is, I maintain my vehicles but a wheel could still fly off, something break, tire blowout.The OP here knows what he is doing, you guys are casting stones from afar saying you must do it my way or you are wrong.I am sure James has everything well in hand from safety aspect, I got to go pick up a trailer from hooks next week but ****ed if I would want to tell anyone here about it as I am sure I would be doin it wrong:beer:

Last edited:

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would dare say that most of us, as enthusiasts, take better care and pay more attention to our vehicles than most other drivers, be it large commercial or passenger cars. The guy at the truck shop has less pride in the vehicle and has no personal connection to it like we do.

I sometimes wonder how many cars are rolling down the road with hand tight lug nuts, shoddy brakes, crummy tires, and dangerous suspension.

Welder Sam

Its HIS truck, it HIS a**, it HIS DECISION. Theres no use in being rude just to make a point. You all do it your way because its YOUR truck, its YOUR a**, its YOUR DECISION. When its my time ill do things the way I SEE FIT because then, its MY truck, MY a**, MY decision. I will ask some of the guys frm our area for their opinion but in the end, its my call. Thats the cut and dry of it folks. Again, theres no use in getting all bent out of shape and rude just to make a point. Me personally, id pay a respectful disagree-ing comment alot consideration than i would a "rant". Disagree all u want, make your points, just try to do it in a civil and respectful manner is all im saying.

ARYankee

10-4!!!! Are you sure you don't need a hand Saturday? It's no big deal for me to drive over there. We can do lunch too :) Maybe talk more about safe recoveries rofl

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are welcome to come but without an on base sponsor they won't let you on the base, I have a 5 day pass is the only way I can access the truck. They are serious about those airplanes!

ARYankee

Oh yeah! I almost forgot about that. HHmmm.. Let me see if I can scrape one up. I have a couple contacts from the air show last year. Do you think you can handle it on your own? I would hate to leave you hanging.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got it, I can bleed the brakes in an hour with the power bleeded, and I may wait until mid week to drive her to the cabin. Thanks anyway.

ARYankee

Ok. If you run into issues and need to stash it somewhere, you are more than welcome to use my place. I have a lot of tools and shade.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got it fixed with no problem, I just didn't know the brakes needed bleeding so I didn't take my power bleeder with me. From what I have found out this was an air force truck used on LRAF base in some training to introduce airmen to hostile conditions, it has been sitting in a compound for at least the last three years if not more so I am hoping they are an easy fix. Any idea what causes the torque arms/dogbones to come loose, I have seen several on GL like this?

ARYankee

Well I never got around to check on the sponsor thing. Got busy messing with the deuce parts database and selling surplus stuff. I will at least offer any assistance once you get it off base. If you want to get it off there and work on it somewhere, my place is open.