• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WSUCougar's M925A1 Acquisition and Build Thread

Amer-team

Watch the low wires this time of year. They are supposed to be at least 14 ft. above traveled way, but with the heat. Who knows? Looks great. See you next weekend. P

wsucougarx

Thanks for the heads up Peter. I was looking at a couple different routes to get from my home to the highway. Man they look low. Hmmm, I have a cable cutter off a Stryker vehicle, wonder if I should install it? Definitely keeping the weapon out of their mounts so they don't catch anything.

Cruceno

Mike, are you going to mount the Pioneer Rack outboard of the fuel tank like you did on your 923? Or in another location? I really like that mod, great use of space. I'll be copying it!

wsucougarx

Mike, are you going to mount the Pioneer Rack outboard of the fuel tank like you did on your 923? Or in another location? I really like that mod, great use of space. I'll be copying it!
Yes sir but I had a little mishap. My truck is in pretty tight quarters that only leaves about 1.5 ft on each side of the truck to walk through. Well, I had my NOS pioneer tool rack sitting up against the fuel tank to mount it. Then I remembered something I had forgotten to do. So rather than having to side step past the pioneer tool rack or place it in a safer area, I decided to place the rack in between the rear drive tires. You can figure out what happened next. After a couple hours of beating the rack into a somewhat straight configuration, I got some paint on it yesterday to mount up. Man, that was a first for running over something green. I was pretty upset over it. Not so much running the rack over, but rather being lazy and not doing what was right.

Cruceno

Ouch! I hate that. I know I'd be kicking myself for doing something similar. But hey, Lesson Learned to do your proper walk-around, and now your rack has "character"!

wsucougarx

It does have character...hahaha. It's pretty crooked err battle damaged. I got her mounted about two minutes ago. Thanks for the heads up about the rack. I was going to leave it off but you inspired me to get it mounted.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got done my first one. Didn't get the exact hole for the first drilling but adjusted the second to match. Thanks much for the help and the pics! The control boxes have an INT connection, can I use a headset directly to one of them instead of putting up two or more LS-671?

aheilmann68

wsucougarx,
your build is awesome love all the stuff you did to it. Would you be mind taking a few pictures of the PTO and pump area under the truck if you get a chance? I got a former seabee's batallion 23 truck that had a rebuild and i think they swapped the trans as i dont have the PTO or drive Shaft but have the wet side all included. The discharge hoses for the valve are gone and cant figure how they would mount up or if its only one line for instance. I cant find any detailed pictures of how a PTO should look under a 925.

wsucougarx

MOLLE Rack

Haven't done a whole lot with this truck for months. Kind of got out of the hobby and now just doing a couple little things here and there. I had these steel bars ready to mount since June 2013. They've been sitting and sitting. Well, after kicking them around the garage I finally completed this little project. I just wanted somewhere I could mount a IFAK, magazine pouches, etc. Rather than fumbling with them on the passenger seat, I wanted somewhere where they were somewhat secured to something.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks