• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTH, Found a tank today.

Mudstone

i read that the guard unit wont come move it for you... according to the army in its infinite wisdom you can't tow anything tracked with a hemtt. we towed 113s and an m88 a few times with the wrecker so its completely capable of doing it and stopping it as well.

as for the power pack not being able to be sent.... can't you piece it out? like take apart the trans and engine and ship it in pieces.

M920

i read that the guard unit wont come move it for you... according to the army in its infinite wisdom you can't tow anything tracked with a hemtt. we towed 113s and an m88 a few times with the wrecker so its completely capable of doing it and stopping it as well.

as for the power pack not being able to be sent.... can't you piece it out? like take apart the trans and engine and ship it in pieces.
We could haul it with my M920a1 on the m747 lowboy.....It was built to haul one M60 MBT or two M113 APC's.
The truck also has a big enough winch to load and unload it with.....
I bet that would yield some awesome pics!

Count me in if the museum decides that it want's to have it moved!

Soni

M-37Bruce

Foto Shoot

We could haul it with my M920a1 on the m747 lowboy.....It was built to haul one M60 MBT or two M113 APC's.
The truck also has a big enough winch to load and unload it with.....
I bet that would yield some awesome pics!

Count me in if the museum decides that it want's to have it moved!

Soni
That would be a very cool foto shoot! That is a locomotive in/on your low-boy isn't it?

5tonpuller

There is a M60 at a local fair ground here. The left final drive is out of it. Some time ago there was plans on repairing it. The head of the VFW and the fair board was told to NOT repair it. Do NOT move it. Do NOT drive it again. ( this is what I was told ) They where going to put a fence around it. Now it is home to a lot of wasps, bees, and those kinda things. What a waste. You can not get with in 10 feet with out them buzzing you. That sucks.aua

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a M60 at a local fair ground here. The left final drive is out of it. Some time ago there was plans on repairing it. The head of the VFW and the fair board was told to NOT repair it. Do NOT move it. Do NOT drive it again. ( this is what I was told ) They where going to put a fence around it. Now it is home to a lot of wasps, bees, and those kinda things. What a waste. You can not get with in 10 feet with out them buzzing you. That sucks.aua
Hmmm, new terrorist deterent, may be? Realistically, every static display I've been involved with (lots and lots), appearance is the whole reason for it being there. If the bugs take over (especially the stinging ones) that's a hazardous situation. If not fixed, someone who is alergic to the stinging bastiges will get nailed and a bad situation will get worse. Maybe use insect removal as a safety prevention measure to get it cleaned up.

M920

((That is a locomotive in/on your low-boy isn't it? ))

I found this :lol:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzWRxswvqrM&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Chris,
yes it is a locomotive! Anyway thanks for posting the video.....I did not know it existed nor have I seen it.....looks preety cool lol....
So I think the M920a1 and the M747 could handle the M60....:grd:

Soni

p.s. here is a couple more pics....

Attachments

L999here

...now I'm interested....

Looked thru the whole thread. Froto has not posted for about three mo. on this tank project. Now I'm interested about why no one has done anything on this worthwhile project.....or have they...? An up-date...PLEASE. I'd close my shop,take a 1000 trip and pick this poor abandoned puppy up and bring it home....LOL.

BobM

Looked thru the whole thread. Froto has not posted for about three mo. on this tank project. Now I'm interested about why no one has done anything on this worthwhile project.....or have they...? An up-date...PLEASE. I'd close my shop,take a 1000 trip and pick this poor abandoned puppy up and bring it home....LOL.

+1
Me.:beer:

frodobaggins

It's still there :)

Museum has no room yet I don't believe.

L999here

...reminds me...

That tank reminds me about all the FA weapons brought back thru the years after all our wars. If not registered and put on the registry w/BATF...they are illegal. What would it take for an individual to get this tank out of there...? Who actually owns this piece of metal....(other than US Army)...? Someone needs to get moving on this before the current property owner has it scrapped out.

JeepMan

There's another one at a Antique Truck/Tractor Museum in Homer, NY.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks