• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yaller 5-ton wrecker for sale

joeM62

well maybe this week i can say goodbye to the old girl. wreckerman and offroad came by last thursday and drove old yella down the road they got lucky because when they came back up the drive way the county police just had past by and they don't care they well get you over here. ask offroad. FT if you keep asking offroad might be paying you a visit. :D :D :D :D

Jim it needs some help. Soon as the filters and such get here i plan on actually going over there with a load of tools and parts and working on it.. IT NEEDS HELP BAD!! i wanta get it home so it can get a full restoration. But it runs VERY VERY BAD..

Tim it has not been drove home or anything.. when in FIRST GEAR LOW RANGE you are lucky to get the tach to hit 1400rpm... heck in neutral it dont want to hit 1700... the motor sounds good at idle but is very very bad restrictions. other then that a couple leaky hoses and move some other hoses out of the way. IT WILL BE DROVE HOME!! but i will tell you NO ONE has apparantly changed the filters or flushed the tank i bet in 20yrs.. IT WAS VERY VERY NASTY!! so i plan on getting that all cleaned up and getting the truck very safe and road worthy (which after doing inspections and such just seems to be the fuel issue). THAT truck is coming home to OFFY!!!! it just needs some major work on the fuel system. Jim if you have time to give me a hand i would appreciate it VERY MUCH!! as it woud be nice with a extra set of hands. ANYWAYS that is the main goal this week is to get this truck home and safe.. so that way we can get the other trucks delivered to you SS members that are waiting.

Sorry i aint been around this weekend. We had a big race schedule weekend in huntsville and thats were OFFY has been. ANYWAYS ITS MINE!!!! unlike the other bama guys I will RESTORE and use the truck with LOTS OF RESPECT!!.. :D

joeM62

well maybe things go smouth this week with both trucks duce and wrecker. i guess somebody done claim the 818 next to my uncle's driveway they drove it into the woods and haven't seen it since. hey FT if i did trade with you how would that duce run everybody told me everything you have is broke down thats a bad sign. besides i did try to trade with you once and you never told me anything offroad did thats whose getting it. :lol: :lol:

joeM62 said:
well maybe things go smouth this week with both trucks duce and wrecker. i guess somebody done claim the 818 next to my uncle's driveway they drove it into the woods and haven't seen it since. hey FT if i did trade with you how would that duce run everybody told me everything you have is broke down thats a bad sign. besides i did try to trade with you once and you never told me anything offroad did thats whose getting it. :lol: :lol:

Yes that is so so very true Joe.. Him and WM were both offered before me. But thanks to a very good SS member they told Joe to contact me.. SO guess WHAT!!! I TOOK IT.. and all my trucks run and are in decent shape :D... besides all worries are done. due to the troubles of truck running and instead of making me and jim work on it out in middle of Joes yard i will have it delivered and joes truck delivered via a wrecker service this week. Arrangements have been made and i can get the truck in the shop to work on it the proper way. then the truck will recieve new cables, and service the truck needs then it will be put to work the way its supposed to be done :D

joeM62

i wonder if i can park the duce in my parking spot at work it's right next my bosses parking spot :D :D :twisted: . well i guess offroad and jim won't be eating home made vetables soup and home made cornbread at my house when the wrecker leaves and theres going to be 5 and half gallons of it to.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been able to trace 3 owners so far, two are ss members. I believe that there was a forth owner. The period of time from 07-08 is a bit hazy. The cool thing is I have to thank Richard, WM for potentially saving her from the scrap yard.

It is now German tan, the same color the Germans used in WWII in the desert fighting in Africa.

I am going to start a new thread once I unload on Sunday but I thought the history of the vehicle was cool to see for many of the people that are familiar with Old Yellar. I do think the name is changing quick though :)

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I'm glad she made it to a good home......I used that wrecker to swap engines in my M816......it's a thirsty beast....we ran it out of fuel a couple of times just idling it to use the crane.

At that time it was owned by Darrell Braun......an ex-member that turned out to be a stinker.

Any chance she'll be at the GA Rally in Oct?

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just read thru this thread. Good story. Interesting to follow the story back to 2006.
Congrats Swiss, looks like a beast.

Funny how Darrell still keeps popping up here too. When I met him in 2010 he was working as a wrecker driver and talked about buying a 5 ton wrecker. Never mentioned previously owning one.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WM the goal is to be at the GA Rally with the wrecker in October. Luckily I have some time to ensure it is road trip worthy and safe. :grd:

We all know that sometimes wreckers can go off the road on a road trip to the GA Rally :( (aka Wrecked Wrecker). I might have to take up a gas fund as 2mpg sucks but ohhh welll.

Sigo love the M1101 and again thanks for your assistance, now I have something worthy to pull it and the M105.