• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2.5 Locking hubs group buy

kearns

oh man that sucks. I hope C&C will help get it sorted out for ya.

My box was pretty beat up, but everything was inside. I think C&C needs to use much heavier duty packaging. all the styrofoam peanuts in mine had turned to dust that stuck to everything.

FloridaAKM

I called up C&C and talked with Jay about the matter. He is going to launch a claim against USPS for the lost/AWOL hub & bolt set. Looks like I won't be installing the hubs during the Memorial Day weekend Holiday.........:-(

jsrule62

Finally got mine. I was having usps nightmares, but everything arrived intact. Thank you Petracy. I would never have done this without your leadership.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My hubs made it to the Columbia Basin of WA today. Looks like they were also trying to claw their way out of the box. Maybe consider sealing them in a free USPS tyvek mailer before sealing them in the cardboard box. No more cost to the mailer, but harder to lose a single part.
Off to leave some positive feedback for Clinton. Thanx Patracy.

Smelled good too!

Last edited:

Katahdin

No love has arrived here yet in the Northeast, but I'll admit, I was so far into the Rye Whiskey bottle when I put together my letter to Patracy that I have no idea what address I wrote to ship the hubs too! :shrugs:

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I received my hubs yesterday! I didn't think my handwriting was that bad, but my first and last name spelled wrong. :p But it doesn't matter how my name is spelled, as long as I get the package!

One whole side of the bottom of the box was split open. Fortunately I don't think anything was lost.

Package contents:

1. 2 hubs
  2. 2 green gaskets
  3. a little baggy of screws
  4. instructions
  5. a warning note
  6. C&C business card

The items were well packaged inside, but the box wouldn't have split open had all edges been wrapped in tape. I've received far heavier items in medium flat rate boxes and they survived better.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ehh I don't really need/deserve the feedback. That should go to C&C for their offering of this. I merely facilitated it. As to handling the funds. I treated it just like I do any money to the site here. I collect it, log the info, then place it in a folder in the safe and then forwarded out the money. But I understand that has to be a great deal of trust on all of your parts to allow me to do so.
Understood. So I've left positive for both you and ccequipment. Thanks, both of ya!

WOLF DOG

My lock-out hubs arrived this morning undamaged. Everything was packaged in one box with 2 styrofoam spacers to fill the void & keep things tight. That box was inside a second slightly larger box for shipping. I was very pleased with the packaging, especially after reading the neagative shipping results from others. Thank you Patracy and C&C Equipment for all the research & footwork involved, and a high quality product.

Bobby

kearns

Yeah, my box had the following warning note from AVM:
View attachment 560849
well, that explains a lot. that card must have fallen out of the hole in the side of my shipping box. I was very confused since the instructions said nothing about grease either way. That's why I contacted C&C. Had I seen that warning note, I wouldn't have even thought twice about it.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine arrived a little while ago. Box was beat and battered, with one side split open, but everything was there. 20 minute install and most of that was getting out the tools and putting them away. Thanks to kearns for posting the torque specs, that saved me another 10 minutes. The test drive will have to wait until Friday.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hubs finally arrived in Mt. Eden, intact with instructions and hardware. Go Patracy.. Go Patracy...

FloridaAKM

Jay resent another USPS package with the missing parts in it, & it arrived in the same condition but with less damage than before. The gaskets are broken toward the inside of the bolt holes, does this matter???? The small bag with the allen head screws was hanging out with 11 of the screws in it & a hole in the bag, aren't there supposed to be twelve of these screws? I know I sound like a PITA guy, but all I want is to get these hubs installed so I can go do another recovery in the next few weeks.
Awesome, mine arrived today. The secretary said that the box looked destroyed & I need to come look @ it. I have a USPS box that is 75% destroyed, 1 ruined green gasket, 1 locking hub & a plastic bag with a bunch of small styrofoam peanuts in it. There is a sticker from the Postal Service that says Received Damaged, Box Open, Without Contents.

Great, now what do I do with this mess....................................I hate USPS...........

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Florida AKM, look at the hubs. There are probably 2 screws in each hub already. So you only need 8 in the bag. If you are talking of the large gasket that goes between the lockout and the hub, a bit of rtv at the tears will make things seal. You should only need the inner circle of the gasket in tact to make it seal the gear oil stay in. My 2/100ths of a dollar.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you're putting them on the the front there's only grease to keep in, not gear oil. I would think you're just fine using the gaskets with RTV. If you're not, they can always be replaced.

Hainebd

Having worked for one of the big shippers, I can tell you all, the boxes take a beating from the process. There are many chutes that the box slides down. This is compounded by the use of graphite to keep the boxes sliding and when they don't there is a big jam. I will also say that UPS will not accept a damaged box unless it comes from overseas. Just give the box back and file a damage claim. Save all the box and shipping material. Now bad news, if the box is not of minimum standard, no claim will be paid. The seller/shipper is responsible so get in touch with them also.

Brian

FloridaAKM

I seem to have lost a post on content somewhere this afternoon. One hub is installed & the other one tomorrow to do a pickup Friday in N Jacksonville if I can find that darn screw...............

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks