• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 Haspin rally BS thread

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As long as I can get the stuff together, I'm planning on converting my lube trailer into a mobile power and light trailer.

I'm gonna pull the guts out of the lube trailer enclosure and put one of my MEP-003a's inside the enclosure. I plan to make a tower light for the trailer and two "remote" light towers each with a junction box on it with receptacles for people to hook into for power. If I can get the wire I need for the remote towers I'll have it done by the time the rally rolls around. I have the majority of the stuff already, I'm planning using some "camo netting support poles" for the towers, but I'll need to get the outdoor junction boxes and the cable that's big enough to allow me to place the towers about 100 to 150 feet or more from the trailer....that's where it's going to get expensive!!!!

If anybody has a couple of peices of 8/4 or 6/4 "SO" cable laying around that are about 150 feet long it would be a great help with the project!

Matt1970M35A

Hay that sounds good. One genset and a few light towers for all to use. Ive brought my gen the last 2 years and never even unpacked it. I only need power for charging cell and a few lights but I use an inverter for that. Also works like a fence charger. Ask gimp.

tm america

matt1970m35 made a awsome lift set up to take it in and out the bed . and i have seen some s280s that were turned into campers.we're lookinmg forward to seeing some new faces down there .bring what you got and be ready to have some real fun

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Hay that sounds good. One genset and a few light towers for all to use. Ive brought my gen the last 2 years and never even unpacked it. I only need power for charging cell and a few lights but I use an inverter for that. Also works like a fence charger. Ask gimp.

:-D:-D:-D:-D HAHA! It lit my azz up!

Gunwriter, we usually have a parts thread for wanted and sale items. Keep an eye out once it gets closer.

tm america

matt and gimp can we get a reinactment i missed that part last year:twisted:parts we so plentyful you could have almost built a deuce from the spares.thanks for the bumper doc.thanks for making me need it oilcan

Cigarjoe

Haha i cant wait for this. I am new here and looking forward you guys. I am in Indy so this will be close for me. I just got my first MV, I got a M1008 and a M101A1. Seems to be a lot of of members from in and around the mid-west. That is a good thing more people to share the same hobby. It is the same way in the other forum I belong to www.surplusrifle.com there are many from the mid-west also one of our biggest shoots is in Ohio in May. Anyway looks like the kind of forum I was looking for, and I am looking forward to meeting you guys soon.

Last edited:

Cigarjoe

hmmm i didnt see anything .but it would be great if someone brought a gen trailer down and we all pitched on fuel so we could all have power without having to run ten different gens:roll:
I will take care of this. I don't have one yet, but more than likely will by then, and if not I will get a buddy of mine, if he doesn't come.

CGarbee

We'd start on the dishes and everyone would roll out. It's ok, we still had a blast and will be back next year cooking, if Cabell will still let me help... ;-)
Assuming that the dates are in June (as posted earlier in the thread), I can make it.

If Ferro will help out in the MKT as he did last year, and if you promiss that the group photo will be timed so that we can be in it, I'll cook...

I'd like to do the food the same way as last year, post up a draft menu for the week, have everyone critique, then get some commitments from folks ($$) before I head out...

My plans are to drive out in the XM813 pulling the MKT-85 as I did last year, but with my M274A5 in the back of the truck in addition to the food and other supplies.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good deal Cabell. I would say the date's are set in stone. Count me in for at least 2 on the food.

Dennis

CGarbee

The route that Adam, Mike, and I took last year (I suspect that we will take a similar one this year):
Adam came up I77 from SC into NC. He and I met up in Mt. Airy (I77/74 junction) and rode up to Beckley, WV where we met Mike.
Convoyed over on I64 to Lexington, KY, then up on I75 to Cincinnati, Ohio, then over to Haspin.
We'd be happy to have folks join us...

onegmjack

I was just throwing out a ideal.I am closer to North Carolina than Knoxville,about twenty miles south of Bristol.Thanks
CGarbee.I wanted to come to 2009 Virginia Rally,counld not get any interest in anyone wanting to convoy.The same with the
Georgia Rally.I would rather go in a group,as old as these truck are anything can happen.At least in a group if something major
happen,could at least get pushed to the side of road.I will keep a watch on things closer to the date.I need to fix leaking rear
axle seal and have the old Deuce serviced.Thanks again I hope to make as many events as I can this year.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cabell, I'm in for the MKT.:beer: And Angie will be coming this year too, so we can have a pot scrubber!

I'll bring my Ice machine this year too. I plan to sell bags of ice for $1. Can't beat that, and you don't have to worry about driving into 'town'.

Matt1970M35A

Do the cooks need lots of water? If needed I could clean out my water buffalo and fill with ice cold water. Ill need a few weeks heads up to get it ready. shes full of wvo.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Matt, thanks for the offer on the water buffalo- But I have a 275gallon tote that is already potable water ready and we used it last year- I am in the process of building a MKST (Mobile Kitchen Support Trailer) that will have sinks, ice maker, and one side of a normal MKT on it. The tote will be connected to my water pump for supplying all the cooking water.

I appriciate the offer but we've got it covered! :cool: Saves you from cleaning it out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks