• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Haspin info/dates/attendance

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
who hit him or did he hit

Ron, He went on a night ride with Gimpy. Backed into a tree and bent in the tailgate, hit a tree and pulled the mirror out from the cowling mount AND bent the stack.

I don't know if it was before or after they stuck in a silt pond........

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I left early this afternoon and if I missed saying goodbye to anyone I'm sorry. (That's you Rick)

My truck was broke so I took my new Suzuki quad and learned how to ride it from TM America and then spent two days riding with Deuce Bigandslow's boys. I got just over 43 miles of trail riding in. I found water on trails during the rides and let the guys with big trucks know where it was.

Deuce has a pic of me getting the quad stuck one of three times which turns out is hard to do.

They Careflighted someone out while we were there. NOT ONE OF US. Ambulance picked them up from up top and took the victim into Laurel for the flight.

Had one truck on truck accident that destroyed (well badly bent) a Deuce bed and radiator/fan combo. Gimp had to go get a radiator from his place.

Lots more trucks than what the first photos show. They were still showing up when I left.
This meeting

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron, He went on a night ride with Gimpy. Backed into a tree and bent in the tailgate, hit a tree and pulled the mirror out from the cowling mount AND bent the stack.

I don't know if it was before or after they stuck in a silt pond........
Probably didn't have the diatch light that Gimpy has.

Duce

Well, since everyone else is going to use the "I had to work excuse", I'll use the "My wife just had a baby excuse"!

I hate that I am missing all the fun there, but I am happy to trade it for all the fun I'm having here!

Have fun and be safe guys, maybe I'll make it next year!
Dave
Congrats on the new arrival. U have a nice looking family. I'm one of the have to work excuses. But, after I got off this am I went home loaded the 7 month pregnant wife, 2year old son,& 10 y daughter in the min-van and headed out on the 4 hr trek NE. This was my first rally and I was only able to stay a few hours. But it was great. I got to check out some trucks, meet some great people, bought a tent and poles, & got to further my MV education. I got home at 9pm and was out the door by 10 at work on time at 11! Work wasn't going to stop me from coming.
I did have 2 disappointments though. 1 that I didn't get to stay longer. 2 I failed to get to meet gimpy he was on his radiator retrieving run. Thank you for all the info to everyone, stonepicker for the tent and poles. Indy4x4 love that 5 ton tractor on 53". As well as everyone else. I was in sincere over load with all the green iron around.(like a baby in a strip club ;-). Lots of nice trucks and equipment, friendly knowledgeable people, great event. What are the dated for fall. I need to plan-(baby due September & deer hunting with my daughter.

erniemigi

I had a great time out at Haspin and getting to meet some of the other SS members, went on the night trail ride saturday, i hope i get to do this again next year with you all

Attachments

Stonepicker1

I'm broke down over by "SETOYOTA" place in GA. I-75, exit#142...1 mile east at the Chevron Gas Station "Hiway Haven"....Trans or transfer case not working. Looking to see what the problem is. 4 wheel low is the only thing working. Sounds like when the starter does'nt engage the flywheel(that kind of noise)
Trans is a 4L80E.
Phil
954-812-9840

212sparky

Just got home before the rain set in. I had a great time, mud or no mud. Now to find a new bed since mine is FUBAR. Pictures to come.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rob, would it be possible to fab a new rear end for your bed? Maybe even just plasma cut all the damage off and weld up new and grind it smooth.

Just spit balling some thoughts.

Good to meet you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks