• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 SoCal Fall Desert Rally

BLK HMMWV

I won't be able to make it. I'm in the middle of a complete power pack upgrade. ( New 6.5, 4L80e trans, 242 transfer case, drive shafts ) plus a host of body augmentations. ( Cupola, and a few new mounts)
WWI and WWII both sold there trucks so I'm guessing they won't make it they did however buy somthing a bit smaller and still 4wd so you never know they may pop in for a day.

To the old group : You guys will be able to sleep in a bit longer since I'm not going to set my alarm clock. Also a note of caution to those who plan on setting theres. There has been some rescent changes to the laws regarding the "desert alarm clock" so be careful.

Have fun. Looks like a totally new group of So. Cal peeps. Awesome!!!

BH

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gents,

Drove my truck this morning around the corner to drop my daughter and noticing a radiator fluid smell and few seconds later I hear the belts squeaking. So I started to cruise downhill trying to make it home. No over heating but alternator belts were distroyed. The water pump is locked. Radiator fluiding leaking from the truck. Anyway, the water pump froze and locked. Looks like I wont make it to the meet, unless i can get my hands on a waterpump asap.
If you need any help let me know, we can get that knocked out quick.

cat3306

I am just letting you guy's know... A buddy of mine and his friend were at this location 2 weeks ago and got a full auto Glock, full auto AR-15, several other arms, and a CA legal AR-15 seized by the county park rangers.

cat3306

His 4by works fine. He's just afraid he's going to screw it up. All that's wrong is the cv boots are broken. The 4 wheel drive works fine :D

cat3306

I know it works, but if I spin it to fast and throw all the grease out and lock em up. then YOU get to come help me fix it cuz it was YOUR idea. :D

Its not going to fling anything out because it doesn't turn fast enough :D I drove around for 2 years in a Chevy with IFS with zero boots before I even realized they were gone. They were fine so I just cleaned the grime off and slapped grease and boots on them. I had to use 4by everyday due to being a mechanic in the mud. :D :D :D

:deadhorse:

Lextreme

I am just letting you guy's know... A buddy of mine and his friend were at this location 2 weeks ago and got a full auto Glock, full auto AR-15, several other arms, and a CA legal AR-15 seized by the county park rangers.
Well,

Full auto is illegal in California. However, according to the San Bernandino Fish and Game published map that area is designed for rifle and night shooting. Please dont bring anything ILLGEGAL firearm to the gathering.

BLK HMMWV

There are some instances were F/A is legal. However you had better have all of your paper work in order and with you. Since they were taken I'm assuming they maybe are looking at a trip to Club Fed next as they should be.
That being said , I would also suggest that this thread stop discussing the use of Firearms or Firearms related things it goes against the rules and reg's of the board.
Carry on.
BH

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you BLK HMMWV. No more firearm discussion. I'll edit the posts out if it keep up.

navyninja

Well.. Everything is still on though right? Just sans F/A weapons? Also, as I am going to head out from San Diego, is there anyone that wants to ride up with me or wants anything in particular from SD?

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am very interested in this trip. Is the current location discussed set? In this area what is allowed? Open fires, rifles, shotguns?

ETA: what channel will be used for general comms on CB (in case someone gets lost and there is no cell signal)? as I do don't have ham yet.

ETA 2: anybody going to be heading out from Santa monica/ west LA area?

I also wish the same answers so I can prepare properly to get up there.
Anyone going from the Inyo Valley Area (Bishop, Lone Pine, Big Pine, Ridgecrest)?

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Convoy out of Victorville

Is there any agreement yet on convoying out of Victorvile? If so what date time and place to gather ?

For those without radios or CB's. will there be a cell phone contact number for someone getting lost or needing assistance?

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tell ya what boys, I miss my junk. Maybe a day trip is in order :) Maybe a can con a couple of oldie oldsters to come along.

Gripy

I'm planning to go, just need to switch shifts with people at work. Then I'll be able to head out friday around noon from Santa Monica/ west LA area.

navyninja

I'm going to try to be in Riverside to meet the guys coming out of corona around 1200 then meet everyone in Victorville by 1330 or so. How bout we try to meet at the Pilot just outside of VV at 1430? Would that work? And also it'll be on Friday, so just let me know when you guys can make it!

417-414-8544
Aron
And I have no CB or Ham as of yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks