• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 haspin info thread, June 11-15th

hdexpert

Don't forget to bring your river rafts or tubes for the annual drunken float down the river tour. I have upgraded my inner tube to a two person unit with a cooler!!

jdknech

me(josh) and my brother(justin) and a friend(damien) will be coming with my M932A1(turbo) and my XM971(command camper).. I am still not sure about the water buffalo, but it is looking like a good chance that matt and his dad George will be joining us as well with a m813+s280 and a M35+s280+M149 (water buffalo) cant wait so see you all there!

jdknech

Do we want another movie night? Let me know so I can bring the A/V equipment. Generator will be set up in roughly the same area. I have more infrastructure for power distribution. If you need special connections for campers or a welder let me know abd I will try to make provisions.
If you still have a empty cord, i would like to plug my trailer in again this year.. let me know... thanks

212sparky

How many amps? Normal 120 volt 20 amp line? I can accomodate that. I have completly overhauled the power distribution system I have. Be afraid, be very afraid.

jdknech

How many amps? Normal 120 volt 20 amp line? I can accomodate that. I have completly overhauled the power distribution system I have. Be afraid, be very afraid.
yep.. i'm scard.. lol i will be more then likely pulling less then 20A 120V but there is a slight chance it will get re-wired to 240.. will that be a problem? if so, i can just keep it as-is for the rally..

212sparky

yep.. i'm scard.. lol i will be more then likely pulling less then 20A 120V but there is a slight chance it will get re-wired to 240.. will that be a problem? if so, i can just keep it as-is for the rally..
No just let me know what style plug you need on my end. Adee you going to be parking in the same place? I am setting the genset in roughly the same place.

jdknech

No just let me know what style plug you need on my end. Adee you going to be parking in the same place? I am setting the genset in roughly the same place.
I would LOVE to park in the same spot as the fall rally, but being as it is first come-first served, we will see how it goes.. I will be getting there around 6 or 7 wednesday evening.. and as far as plugs.. on one box like i used last year, is there 2 legs of 110 on 110 outlets in the same box? (is in, can i use 2 normal 110 plugs, to feed 220 into my breaker box?)

212sparky

I would LOVE to park in the same spot as the fall rally, but being as it is first come-first served, we will see how it goes.. I will be getting there around 6 or 7 wednesday evening.. and as far as plugs.. on one box like i used last year, is there 2 legs of 110 on 110 outlets in the same box? (is in, can i use 2 normal 110 plugs, to feed 220 into my breaker box?)
You can do that or I can give you a 30 amp 120/ 240 volt twist lock that will work with bigger gas ganerators as well as my spare cord I have.

jdknech

You can do that or I can give you a 30 amp 120/ 240 volt twist lock that will work with bigger gas ganerators as well as my spare cord I have.
that might work as well.. i just got my hands on a 4kw onan tonight, hopefully I can get it running pretty easily (might just need carb cleaned) but it is made to be hard wired.. so I will look for a plug.. or I have a transfer switch I might wire in.. either way, we will figure something out..

212sparky

that might work as well.. i just got my hands on a 4kw onan tonight, hopefully I can get it running pretty easily (might just need carb cleaned) but it is made to be hard wired.. so I will look for a plug.. or I have a transfer switch I might wire in.. either way, we will figure something out..
Ok, I will bring spare cable as well if we need to do some wiring.

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like we'll be able to make it Friday/Saturday, just one overnight. We'll bring either the M925 or M925A1, but I would like to have a line on a good spare (Goodyear 14R20 with wheel) for the M925A1 to bring it as we have no spare at present. I am posting for one in the parts thread...

BSutter

If your power distribution system destroys my induction burners you will have many hungry folks very unhappy with you. Just thinking.

That is all.

212sparky

If your power distribution system destroys my induction burners you will have many hungry folks very unhappy with you. Just thinking.

That is all.
It is the same as what I had last time. Just bigger, more panels, bigger conductors safer distribution.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks