• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 haspin info thread, June 11-15th

gungearz

Almost ready, still have to pick up some stuff yet, for the Friday night dinner.... looks like this one might be another wet rally.. rain is still in the forecast for haspin...

Mrs. Rob Edwards.... have you've gotten my T-shirt order....?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone heard from Stan? STAN! YOU COMING!?

And what about special ed?

Our crew will be there Wed afternoon.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just need to check fluids, shoot some grease into zerk fittings, check the gear oil level in the tranny and transfer case, load the M37 in the bed, buy food, load food in truck, load my stuff in the truck, hitch up the hooch, drive 500 plus miles...........

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I'm officially out. I really wanted to go, but I have to work next week. Plus, it costs $300 or so for me to make the trip, and as things stand I won't be able to swing it in time, not even close. So, I'll just save up for Haspin 2015.

Have a great time, folks.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone heard from Stan? STAN! YOU COMING!?

And what about special ed?

Our crew will be there Wed afternoon.
Wish I could make it this year, but the vacation time is all used up and I have to work afternoons through the weekend of the event. :sad:

gungearz

Speddmon, we had the rally dates set for everyone to set aside a day or 5 for the rally... sorry to hear you and mike can't show, woulda been a pleasure putting faces with names...

Who's ready for some mud.....?.....

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The latest weather report for Indy (40 miles NW of Haspin) calls for partly cloudy and around 80 degree's for Friday, Sat., & Sun.

Last edited:

BSutter

Thanks DJ,
Best news I have had all day.
I need to get back to tending my final (2) chunks of pork roast.
Will pull tomorrow. This is work.

That is all.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there anyone that would want to help raise the 40' flagpole?
t029_29.jpg030_30.jpg

I am not bringing the lawn mower. The old timers will understand this one.

Sparky, I only have one piece of the whiteboard that we used for a movie screen last year. It was a 8' square screen, but it seemed that we weren't projecting on the whole thing.
If you are bringing you A/V stuff, I can bring the 4' x 8' piece and we can hang from the shelter again. Someone will need to bring movies.

BTW - I am the one who brought the army training videos last year. There were only a couple and they were 10 minutes or less each. They were very relevant to army trucks operation and repair. I asked for approval before we played them, and it seemed a majority wanted to see the videos.
This is just a good-natured, friendly response to the two naysayers who were saying unkind things about the army training videos.:rolleyes:aua;-):burn::beer:

Last edited:

212sparky

Is there anyone that would want to help raise the 40' flagpole?
View attachment 497477View attachment 497478

I am not bringing the lawn mower. The old timers will understand this one.

Sparky, I only have one piece of the whiteboard that we used for a movie screen last year. It was a 8' square screen, but it seemed that we weren't projecting on the whole thing.
If you are bringing you A/V stuff, I can bring the 4' x 8' piece and we can hang from the shelter again. Someone will need to bring movies.

BTW - I am the one who brought the army training videos last year. There were only a couple and they were 10 minutes or less each. They were very relevant to army trucks operation and repair. I asked for approval before we played them, and it seemed a majority wanted to see the videos.
This is just a good-natured, friendly response to the two naysayers who were saying unkind things about the army training videos.:rolleyes:aua;-):burn::beer:
Jeff,

I will have a second piece for the screen. I am watching the weather to see if we will need to wrap the shelter with plastic. If it likes like we will need to, I will test my ac unit to see if it will work, it is brand new and I have never fired it up.

I well help with the flag pole, I will be setting the gen set in roughly the same spot as last year, it seemed to work out well with noise.

Matt1970M35A

So you all thought you all have a nice little rally with out me.
Well Ill be packing up the truck and heading to Haspin to ruin all the fun you all were going to have.
And yes Ill have the water buffalo and 60 psi pump. (garden hose hook up). You will need to bring a y adapter and hose if you want your own supply.
The pump will be on 24/5 unless I go for a drive in my truck. If we ask Sparky he may heat the water so we can all have hot running water.

Jeff Ill have Kelly s hero's for movie night. If we want to watch that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks