• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 haspin info thread, June 11-15th

chaplain161

ANOTHER POSSIBLE DETOUR TRAVELING WEST ON US 52 TO HASPIN ACRES.
Sinking highway prompts closure in
Franklin Co.
By Associated Press
Published: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 8:05 am BROOKVILLE, Ind. (AP) — A highway in rural southeastern Indiana is being closed for emergency repairs
where rapid deterioration of the roadside slope has caused pavement to sink.
The state highway department says U.S. 52 will be closed between the Franklin County towns of Brookville and
Cedar Grove for several weeks starting Wednesday.
The department says the pavement has dropped up to five inches at places on the highway which runs near the
Whitewater River. The guardrail is now lower than the road’s surface at some spots.
Officials say the road has deteriorated rapidly since repair plans were first made a couple weeks ago and rainfall
expected this week could make it more dangerous. A contractor is set to start repair work in mid-April.

http://wishtv.com/2014/04/02/sinking-highway-prompts-closure-in-franklin-co/

Cedar Grove, IN is South East of Brookville, IN. This closure could affect anyone exiting from I-74 and going North West towards Brookville on US 52. The news didn't say when US 52 would reopen, they said a "few weeks" but who knows how long it will be closed till they start the work. If it is still closed during the Haspin Rally, looks like the best detour would be SR 229 (North) Batesville, IN Exit.

I'm just full of good news:grin:

k5ontherocks

If anyone is interested, I will bring my tools i made and used to adjust the injection pump on my 8.3 and we can turn yours up at the rally. takes less than an hour and ill work for food and beer.

gungearz

WOW!!! 47 days for a rally everyone was so excited about in the fall... but not much enthusiasm going on, except for Sparky lubing everyone up... it doesn't sound like anyone is planning any activities... hope it's not this quiet at the rally.

212sparky

Do we want another movie night? Let me know so I can bring the A/V equipment. Generator will be set up in roughly the same area. I have more infrastructure for power distribution. If you need special connections for campers or a welder let me know abd I will try to make provisions.

212sparky

O.K. I'll give him a call.

Should be: Will check with Vondy . . .
Grammar is not your forte.

Put me down for (2) O.D. green and (2) safety orange all size medium.
That is all.
It is early and have worked 85 hours so far this week and starting another day. Sorry

gungearz

Bill, how do you want to do the dinner...? nobody seems to be chiming in about it.... hope they don't think it's just going to fall from the sky or pulled from the pig on the spot....

BSutter

Bill, how do you want to do the dinner...? nobody seems to be chiming in about it.... hope they don't think it's just going to fall from the sky or pulled from the pig on the spot....
Everyone seems to have settled on the pulled pork BBQ, baked beans, and cole slaw.

First: we need a headcount.

Second: Saturday evening only? Or Friday and Saturday evenings?

That will plan my work.

That is all.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks